Steorn energy machine in "still no demo" shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it would appear the Orbo is available to order. No reports of anyone actually getting one yet.

There's also the OPhone, the phone that never needs charging.

Comment

They should be sure to buy ad time on the next Republican Presidential Debate

Comment

Assuming they are actually taking orders and not just pretending to - an email address given on a Facebook page doesn't seem like much of a sales infrastructure for products costing hundreds of euros - this should at least put an end to this saga one way or another. Either they have a pretty underwhelming consumer product, or they'll get sued.

Comment

Comment

They got a big write-up in the Irish Times today. Not exactly an unfavourable article.

Comment

Dispatches from the Future has yet to receive its cube.

Comment

You'd think the boys at Steorn would be more excited.

If this works, it's a guaranteed Nobel Prize, plus the kudos of overturning all known laws of physics and and unfeasible amounts of cash.

Comment

Apparently overturning the laws of physics causes you to chew through great gobs of investor money.

http://www.businesspost.ie/steorns-deficits-rises-to-e21-million-in-most-recent-accounts/

You'd think after all that effort, you'd do something better with it than a fairly inessential USB phone charger.

Comment

Orbo laughs in your face with limitless energy.

Comment

The phone looks like something you would buy though, WOM. Would go pretty well with you taste in shirts firmly lodged in "80s fashion".

Comment

Although cruel and hurtful, you're probably right. However, now that I've joined the uber-smartphone ranks, I couldn't be doing with a 'retro' no-function phone.

I don't expect the orbo phone will work any more than the 'battery' will.

Comment

They are planning to release a never-ending battery smart phone later this year. Not long to wait.

Comment

I've been wondering how long a dumbphone with a battery making up most of that case size would last on standby. Because I reckon that's about how long they have to scarper with the cash.

Comment

Seriously, though; what's the endgame? He just fucks off with whatever he's skimmed off the R&D funds? Because there's a pisspot full of money somewhere and he needs to have a good story ready about a week after sending out the first units.

Comment

I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you.

Comment

Did anyone ever receive one of their phone chargers they were apparently shipping?

Comment

Yes, I used it to charge this phone I'm typi

Comment

A handful, but basically none of them worked. Steorn claimed it was because of a faulty charge controller.

Comment

It seems they have reeled in €23 million of investors' money since 2007. Nice "work" if you can get it.

Comment

And yet there would have been so many easier ways to run it as a scam. They're either really incompetent scanners or really incompetent engineers.

Comment

Steorn goes into liquidation.

Comment

"McCarthy - who will now earn his money playing online poker - said he understands that the notoriety of Steorn will follow him everywhere."

Comment

Working...
                                              X