Come the resolutions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come the resolutions...

If it hasn't been done already, then here it is now.

I know some will think that having New Year resolutions is a bit of a cop-out because if you were a bit more self-controlled then you wouldn't have to say 'I resolve to eat better and cut out the booze' because you would be fully in command of your destiny and not have to blurt it out and adhere to it like a hastily-scrawled post-it note on the fridge door.

So here goes. After letting myself go way too much in the Chrimbo season, I'm knocking off the booze, cutting down on crap food (small treats here and there are still permissable, I would suggest) and sticking to a healthier lifestyle (well, relatively healthier. I'm not an Olympian).

Any resolutions that follow the 'be nice to your fellow man' path are doomed to failure, I'm afraid. I'll probably be a grudging old cunt while abstaining from the indulgent things in life.

Your vows?

Come the resolutions...

Four days on the wagon, and I'm still rolling along. Until 1st February, anyway.

Comment

Come the resolutions...

Yeah, it's the booze, cheese, white bread and chocolate wagon for me.
      again at least until Feb 5th (and excluding Jan 17th when I have the big annual get together with all my school buds for dinner.)

Comment

Come the resolutions...

No chocolate other than as a dessert until Easter.

Comment

Come the resolutions...

Chocolate would never be "dessert" anyway. It's only ever "pudding". Good way to cheat.

Comment

Come the resolutions...

I could swear I've seen some sort of chocolate-based dish on just about every dessert menu I've ever seen.

Comment

Come the resolutions...

Technically it's only dessert if it's fruit.

Comment

Come the resolutions...

Okay... sweet.

Comment

Come the resolutions...

Pudding.

Comment

Working...
                  X