X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catwoman lives her last life

RIP Eartha Kitt

Sorry to hear about Kitt and all, but I refuse to recognise anyone other than Julie Newmar as Catwoman.

Mee-ow! etc...

Comment

Eartha was a catwoman in real life long before she was in the Batman series.

Comment

See here:

From practically the beginning of her career, as critics gushed over Ms. Kitt, they also began to describe her in every feline term imaginable: her voice “purred” or “was like catnip”; she was a “sex kitten” who “slinked” or was “on the prowl” across the stage, sometimes “flashing her claws.” Her career has often been said to have had “nine lives.” Appropriately enough, she was tapped to play Catwoman in the 1960s TV series “Batman,” taking over the role from the leggier, lynxlike Julie Newmar and bringing to it a more feral, compact energy.

Comment

Quote scripture at me all you like: my pre-adolescent fantasies about catwoman all centre around Newmar, and that's all there is to it.

Comment

Go to your room.

Comment

Ha!

It's true - 11:15 and defintely past my bedtime. See you tomorrow.

Comment

Nighty night.

Comment

A catwoman (easily in the top 5 of all time), but not the Catwoman.

Comment

Working...
                  X