I believe that jumpsuits are the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just ambling around the digital TV channels, and saw a few of the sci-fi classics from the 70s, and one thing that struck me was that there was a view across everything - Logan's Run, UFO, Space 1999, Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers, Stare Trek TMP - that whatever our future held, it would see us wearing jumpsuits.

This seems odd. For starters, the fact that unless we evolved the ability to not need to poo, it would see you strip down to your waist every time we needed a dump, we seems an oversight in an era of faster-than-light technological advances.

But it's more likely that it was a design thing, a language which evolved., like sliding doors, until it became almost unthinkable to try to represent the future without them. But what kick-started this idea that we all evolving to look like figure skaters?

I remember a time during the '70s when jumpsuits were wildly popular, especially amongst weekend DIYers like my dad.

Here's an example of what they looked like, but my dad's were either orange or red. He wore them on Saturdays.

Excellent point about stripping down to go for a dump.

Comment

Which reminds me when I was skiing in my young age and the trousers were like those jeans with braces...Not an incentive to go to the bog very often...

Comment

Working...
      X