Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Ass Holiday!

Seen yesterday in a Rite Aid store in Hackensack:

I am embarrassed to admit this, but it took me a few minutes to work out what it meant.

Happy Ass Holiday!

I should hope you'll be hanging one this year, and will post a picture if you do.

Sugarlessly Yours,

WOM

Comment

Happy Ass Holiday!

Oh, and on a similar topic, I went to Canadian Tire this morning to pick up a few things for my father-in-law for Christmas. I chose the checkout of a middle-aged African-Canadian woman who I've dealt with before, as she's incredibly efficient and unfailingly courteous (as opposed to the usual collection of teenage girls who'd rather still be in bed or...like...whatever).

She zips me through as usual, and I say "Thank you..it's always a pleasure dealing with you" and she says "Well thank you. And you have a nice day. Praise the lord".
      I think I did a double take and possibly said "...uh...oh...thank you".

We just don't do that here. Ever. And certainly not at the Canadian Tire checkout.

Comment

Happy Ass Holiday!

Er, I don't get it.

(to FF, that is)

Comment

Happy Ass Holiday!

Which bit?

[Ass Holiday Garland]

Comment

Happy Ass Holiday!

I tried on a garland in the store, but when I asked the people standing nearby, "Does my ass look big in this?", no one would give me an answer. Bastards.

Comment

Happy Ass Holiday!

Should have added a bit of mistletoe.

Comment

Happy Ass Holiday!

Crusoe wrote:
                Er, I don't get it.

(to FF, that is)
                (It's an unfortunate abbreviation of "Assorted")

Comment

Happy Ass Holiday!

WornOldMotorbike wrote:
                  Should have added a bit of mistletoe.
                  Excellent idea.

Comment

Happy Ass Holiday!

WornOldMotorbike wrote:
                    She zips me through as usual, and I say "Thank you..it's always a pleasure dealing with you" and she says "Well thank you. And you have a nice day. Praise the lord".
                    I think I did a double take and possibly said "...uh...oh...thank you".

We just don't do that here. Ever. And certainly not at the Canadian Tire checkout.
                    You should have shouted out "THANK YOU JEEEEZZUSS!", just for fun, like.

Comment

Happy Ass Holiday!

Wouldst that I were quick-witted enough to think of that. I remember turning and staring at the life-sized plastic seeing-eye-dog donation thing by the door and thinking "Did she really just say that?" and him thinking back "I think so...now give me your change."

Comment

Happy Ass Holiday!

Ahhh, thanks FF. I'm a bit slow on the uptake today. It's man-cold season.

Comment

Happy Ass Holiday!

OK, so it was actually more than just a few minutes that it took me to work it out. Don't feel bad, Crusoe!

Comment

Happy Ass Holiday!

Spotted in the store recently:

Which made me think of Peru, oddly enough--our tour guide at Machu Picchu was talking about the Quechua, and he was explaining the flag of Cusco, which is a rainbow flag, very much like the gay pride flag. He said something along the lines of "people mistake this for the gay flag...that's something that they have in Lima. But they eat a lot of chicken there, with hormones in it." And then we started walking again. Mrs. Inca and I looked around and were glad that everyone else was just as puzzled as we were--"did he just say that eating chicken with hormones in it makes you gay?"

Comment

Happy Ass Holiday!

That one's got me laughing like a schoolgirl.

Just read your edit and laughed out loud again.

Comment

Happy Ass Holiday!

When I worked in the bookstore, I always cracked up when I saw one of this Egyptologist's books:

Comment

Working...
                                X