Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haha! In your face, Smith you demonic haridan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Europe says "Stop trying to create a police state, you evil fuck."

I somehow expected this to provoke more of response.

Comment

Unusually strongly-worded judgement there from the ECHR.

Comment

Ah then there's hope that my son (15 at the time) will have his DNA record destroyed.

Pulling a girl's hair on the school bus is a fairly serious offence though, so perhaps they'd better keep it just to be on the safe side.

Comment

You're kidding?

Fuck. This cuture of criminalising every act is ludicrous. That should have been a coupl of hours of detention and an apology. It shouldn't have even got to the rozzers.
          This country is going to the dogs and for exactly the opposite reasons the Daily fucking Maill thinks it is.

Comment

The girl's father went to the police with a formal complaint. To give you some context, the girl and her pal threw a bottle of water over him before he reacted.

About six months later we had a letter from the police where my son was told to come to the station to make an apology and was formally cautioned.

They photographed him, took his fingerprints and took a dna sample. It took all morning.

Oh and (edit about 6 months later I found a burglary in progress at my house. The police didn't arrive for four hours.

Comment

Bloody hell. That's fucking madness.

Comment

I love that all our loony right wing types are now going to be glorying in how wonderful the ECHR is for protecting our liberties from Jack E. Smith.

Comment

There is an irony there, yes.
                  Just goes to show, "The enemy of my enemy" doesn't really work.

Comment

*The Universe of Political Controversy is Not One-Dimensional* non-shocker.

ed-sp

Comment

What a fucking crack whore that fucking woman is.

And as ever, go Europe! Europe rocks!

Comment

Sally Ann Bowman's dad has just been on c4 saying the ruling is wrong, given that the guy who raped and murdered his daughter was arrested as a result of a dna sample taken in circumstances which under this ruling would not have been retained. Make of that what you will.

Comment

The only safe and sane way to have a justice system, is to make it procedural rather than outcome-oriented. So yeah, we'd catch more vicious criminals by throwing basic civil liberties out the window. Nobody disputes that as a premise, but it's not really the point at issue.

Comment

Did anyone understand what that expert on C4 news was saying? He was talking as if this judgement did allow some window where the data of suspects released without charge is kept.

Pinback, this is your son with Asperger's? Was there not a case for charging his "victim" with whatever the criminal offence closest to bullying is? If we're going to throw the book, that seems more reasonable.

Comment

I'm impressed you remembered that, Tubby.

Basically, it was simply the path of least resistance. The lawyer reckoned that anything other than accepting the caution would be more trouble than it was worth. So we took the advice.

Several of the police seemed pretty embarrassed by the whole thing as well.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Pinback.
                                Wasn't there any witnesses to say that she started it?

What would have happened if your son refused to make an apology?

Comment

"Did anyone understand what that expert on C4 news was saying? He was talking as if this judgement did allow some window where the data of suspects released without charge is kept."

Yeah - what he was saying was that the database of crime scene dna can still be searched against a sample of dna taken at the moment of arrest. However, that latter sample must then be destroyed.

Comment

What would have happened if your son refused to make an apology?
                                    The threat was that he would have been charged with assault. I doubt that would have held any water at all, but none of us wanted the hassle, we just wanted out of there as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                    X