X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UN Member States Honour System Quiz

There are 192 member states in the UN.

How many can you name in one hour?

No googling. No teams. No phone-a-friend.

Self-administer and report back (if you like).

Slow day at work, eh?

Comment

Stunning lack of effort from WoM. I'd expect at a minimum 192 questions: 1 for each member. Do better.

Comment

You can do a similar sort of thing here, except you only get 15 minutes. I got something around 165 when I tried it yesterday, and missed out some that I really kicked myself for.

Comment

The better question is to identify which members of FIFA are NOT also members of the UN.

I don't know the comprehensive answer, btw.

Nor do I know how many UN members other than the UK that are not members of FIFA (though I think Micronesia may be one).

Comment

I got 181 in ten minutes. Will update for missing ones.

Comment

Slow day at work, eh?
              Sorta.

But I didn't figure anyone would do this at work. I figured it as an after-dinner sort of thing. A 'pipe and slippers' parlour game.

Hadn't thought about it being online and all.

Overall, not much thought went into this, it seems. Good intentions, though. You have to give me that.

Comment

Now at 186

but I expect a few don't count

Comment

I'm crap: 134 and ran out of time.

Comment

On the website that is.

Comment

Not as crap as me. I'm shit at obscure island-nations. And small, lesser known ones like Afghanistan and Venezuela.

Comment

151 out of 195 in the 15 minutes allowed.

I missed three blindingly obvious African states, two blindingly obvious Caribbean ones and it's just as well my friend Samir doesn't read this board as I managed to miss Bosnia too. Whoops!

That website's a bit of a fussy bugger, though - having to fully type out "Republic of the Congo" and "Democratic Republic of the Congo" rather than the widely-used "Congo" and "Congo DR".

Comment

I had to take four runs at The Philippines. Two Ps together like that...who'd a figured?

Comment

blameless wrote:
                            That website's a bit of a fussy bugger, though - having to fully type out "Republic of the Congo" and "Democratic Republic of the Congo" rather than the widely-used "Congo" and "Congo DR".
                            And yet at the same time, it instantly translated 'Ivory Coast' into 'Cote d'Ivoire'.

I got 116, but in my defence it's 2am, I'm shattered, and I've got two MSN conversations on the go. The most obvious ones (in my opinion) that I missed were Senegal, Kenya, Singapore, Afghanistan and Tunisia. A mark of how tired I am is that I spent about 20 seconds staring at Tunisia repeating to myself 'what the fuck's that one called?!'

Comment

138 on the website. The map's badly designed though - the inset maps shouldn't be repeated in the main map, and the names of the countries shouldn't appear like that, blocking your view of the neighbouring ones. They should just make the world map bigger, and colour in the countries you've typed.

Comment

I'm not sure I can type quicker than that, that's the problem. I might give it another go to see if I can.

Comment

Not being able to spell is quite a hindrance. The site also has countries of each continent. It would be much easier in the world section if you could just toggle from Europe to Africa etc. I ended up missing out obvious ones like Romania and Bulgaria.

Comment

I missed out (among many others) the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and Malta, all of which I've actually been to: the Netherlands five times. As Don Corleone said, there wasn't enough time.

Comment

172 in my 15 minutes. Struggled with spelling like others. Spent about a minute on Kyrgyzia/ Kygyzstan /Kirghizia etc, and still didn't get it. Forgot obvious places like Bangladesh and Singapore and Ecuador; and less obvious ones like Tuvalu and St Kitts.

Comment

'Best time for all right: 0 minute, 8 seconds'

Hmm.

Comment

I did the US states one and got all 50 with a minute to spare.

Comment

Er, I had 5:47 to spare...

Sorry.

Comment

I normally forget Nebraska, so this time I said to myself "don't forget Nebraska", and it worked, I didn't forget Nebraska.

Comment

I'd have finished a few minutes faster but for Kentucky. I eventually resorted to trying to think of songs with state names in them. I was everywhere, man.

Oregon wouldn't come to me either, but it wasn't the holdout.

Comment

Working...
                                                X