Another election thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another election thread

Why do you say that TT? 4 months ago Labour lost a very 'safe' seat in the east of Glasgow, an area with no history of SNP support. Yesterday they held a seat that has strong SNP support and had a strong SNP candidate. Seriously, it was a very bad result for the SNP and was a seat they would undoubtedly have won 2 months ago.
    The only thing you can point at for this result is the world economy, it has not only made many people actually think about politics again it has resulted in the near collapse of the entire Scottish banking system, making any thoughts of independence laughable.
    Whilst maybe not making a referendum in 2010 an irrelevance it will certainly not result in independence.

Comment

Another election thread

There's a few million to lose their jobs yet.

I just wouldn't assume that people will carry on thinking tomorrow what they think today, that's all. People change their minds about things very quickly in huge numbers, at times. And this recession has a very long way to go.

Comment

Another election thread

It's all gotten interesting in Holyrood; the SNP teated the Greens pretty contemptuously, fully expecting them to cave and vote for the budget; they held their nerve and voted against and so the Budget falls.

They'll come back and do it again real soon, but if that doesn't work, then there'll be a new election. fascinating stuff.

Comment

Another election thread

Isn't it a bit more complicated, on the "new election" front? Don't they have actually to vote for a dissolution, rather than its being in the gift of the first minister?

Comment

Another election thread

Yeah, sright.

Comment

Another election thread

Speaking of elections, there's a council by-election in my ward today. It's the first time I've ever got to vote in one of those. It's a Labour ward but the Greens seem to think they've got a good chance in winning it off them.

Comment

Another election thread

You've shunned the mad Turkish Tankies then, despite their insightful comments on microchips?

Comment

Another election thread

I haven't said who I'm going to be voting for.

Comment

Working...
                  X