Your hometown's greatest alcoholic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well there's the cackling bloke who wanders up Blackhorse Road, swearing a lot and drinking vodka. Or the Sri Lankan guy who wouldn't leave our MP alone when we were canvassing in the market during the London elections.

So who are the top soaks round your way?

Jack Dee used to do a gag about how his Dad was known as the town drunk, which was a bit bad, as he came from London.

Comment

Dad

Comment

Cider Bri (may he rest in peace).

Comment

Larry Johnson is probably the best football player to ever graduate from my high school - or at least he has the potential to be that - but he has some serious anger management problems that seem to always come to the fore when women and alcohol are involved. He seems to have, at long last, recognized that.

See here.

Comment

I don't know him personally, but this bloke must be close ...... http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=vDZdQvEd7q0

Comment

There is many I could mention but only one makes it at the top, the one and only "Maurice". One of those blokes who has not changed one bit in the last 25 years a la Harry Dean Stanton, he looked then like a battered old sponge, he does look exactly the same today.

His favourite haunt was the "CFF" stand of the Charmilles stadium, he would be prowling by the wall/fence, pacing along it, gesticulating to the fans standing there. Always a fag and a beer in hand. We never knew if he even cared about the game...When we moved ground, we imagined him trying to enter the locked stadium. We did not see him in the new place up until, a few years after it opened, he turned up and was also spotted in town.

Comment

Working...
              X