No announcement yet.

My centrist mates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Centrists don't understand what ideology is. They think it means radical when infact it means any set of ideas that seeks to justify a stance, which in the centrist case is that you have to go slow and treat racist myyhs as "legitimate concerns", a phrase Maconie actually used in the NS in 2017.

The northern Centrist is also deluded by the idea that current left-wing thought is Metropolitan and elitist and this leads them to sympathize with the reactionary view that the left is no longer working-class or capable of speaking to white workers.
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 25-06-2023, 14:33.

Comment

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1677967157387317248?t=IOzoHmMeYNuJCZPrE8g4EQ&s=19

Oh, shut up.

Comment

Absolutely pathetic.

Comment

Yeah, unbelievably woeful. Flayed in the comments.

Comment

Three hundred thousand deaths from austerity.
            Dunty: “Have the Tories got this arseways? @nickcohen joins us on the pod to discuss the latest Conservative omnishambles and also explain why a Corbyn government would have led to mass suffering on an incalculable scale.”

Someone throws orange confetti over a dirtbag on his wedding
            Dunty: “Savages! Leave him alone, for God’s sake! Have you no decency?”

Comment

It wasn't even JSO.

Comment

Not that that matters, orange confetti has become a meme. The important thing is who's on the receiving end.

Obviously it should be more unpleasant than confetti, but it's a start.

Comment

As soon as I saw this thread had been bumped up to the top, I knew what would have caused it. What a bunch of absolute chocolate teapots the Dunts of this world are. It's classic "why can't the tube drivers go on strike at 3am on Sunday, so no one's disrupted?" bed-wetting.

Comment

I could go along with it if somebody threw that powdery stuff like the Lord's protestors did, that looks like a nightmare to get off. But it's literally confetti. Who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                      I could go along with it if somebody threw that powdery stuff like the Lord's protestors did, that looks like a nightmare to get off. But it's literally confetti. Who cares.
                      Gideon would have hoovered that up in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by David Agnew View Post

Gideon would have hoovered that up in no time.
                        Hey-o!!

Comment

CWS's latest take...

Comment

Talks

The Life and Philosophy of Alastair Campbell

Alastair Campbell came to public prominence as Tony Blair's Director of Communications. Seen by friends and critics as hugely influential, he was a successful journalist before joining the team at No 10. Since retiring from front-line politics, Campbell has become editor-at-large at The New European, launched with Rory Stewart the most successful political podcast in the UK, 'The Rest Is Politics', and authored the acclaimed book, 'But What Can I Do'. But what has really driven his life and his beliefs? Find out in this compelling exploration of his extraordinary life and philosophy. Hosted by Philip Collins.

"One of the most interesting people in Britain" - Gavin Esler, former presenter of BBC’s Newsnight
                            All part of How the Light Gets in Festival or Centrist Dadstock

Over the festival weekend we expect to see approx. 5000 guests at the festival. Our guests are predominantly ABC 1s and range from 21-60 in age. They are a well-heeled bunch, appreciate quality and are quite happy to pay for it.
                            Last edited by Nefertiti2; 13-08-2023, 20:54.

Comment

range from 21-60 in age

Yeah. About 50 of those 5000 are under 40, though. I'd bet there are 10 times as many 60-70 year olds at something like this than 20-30 year olds.

Comment

Amusingly the programme includes the quote

"Our wisest, most acute, and most experienced commentator"- Sir Angus Deayton
                                which should be Sir Angus Deaton, not the coke snorter.

Comment

given this thread began amongst music journalists its wonderful that the centrist mates now have their own band

https://twitter.com/Mr_Considerate/status/1700910385769889926?s=20

Comment

Matt Chorley is the epitome of the centrist mate, isn’t he?

here he is made to look ridiculous by someone more eloquent in his second language than Chorley is in his first
                                    https://twitter.com/martin_abrams/status/1778042245330964748?s=46&t=8oLqNHLiemnJFQZY2zDdMw

Comment

If anyone was wondering how Oz Katerji - very strange individual - was getting on with his "frontline" reporting from the Ukraine War...

https://twitter.com/judeinlondon/status/1781256995850342404

Comment

My neice is pointing out his problems, I see.

Comment

Working...
                                        X