No announcement yet.

Impossible Burgers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatburger were advertising them. (Yes, I follow Fatburger on Twitter.)

Comment

It's a Chinese steamed bun, called bao. They're delicious.
      Well, to be fair, the bao themselves aren't all that delicious. They're just a means to eating the filling. They're fluffy tacos, basically.

Lang Spoon, you're behind the times. The bao explosion happened, like, three years ago. Poke bowls are where it's at now, food fad wise.

Comment

Actually, I guess Bordeaux might have been describing your basic, closed char siu bao, not the hirata bun/gua bao. I like those, but I'll admit they're pretty stodgy.

Comment

I'm sure bao never used to look like fluffy tacos. The ones I used eat were more like a doughnut, filled before steaming.

Comment

Have I shared Killa Burger with the Collective?

I became aware of it a couple of years ago. My son and his fellow offensive lineman (somewhat larger than him, to put it mildly) stopped off there on their way home from a game. They each bought the 30cm Killa Burger. My son brought over half of his home. It looked disgusting. His mate ate all of his.

Comment

I'm sure bao never used to look like fluffy tacos.
              Yeah, that's gua bao, aka hirata buns in Japan, which are a Taiwanese thing. They became all the rage in London about three or four years ago, and are usually just called bao these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                Actually, I guess Bordeaux might have been describing your basic, closed char siu bao, not the hirata bun/gua bao. I like those, but I'll admit they're pretty stodgy.
                Those are the ones. They looked like those fortune teller things that kids make out of fold paper but made out of that extruded foam packaging stuff. Sweet and these ones had BBQ pork in. TAlking of which it looks like we are past peak pulled pork.

Comment

“The infamous MeatRave”. I hope everyone involved with this shit ends up destitute and with meat induced bowel cancer. Fuckin hell im guessing the kids really aren’t taking enough drugs if they are spending their nights eating sweetened off cuts instead of chewing their own faces on pills.

Comment

Working...
                  X