No announcement yet.

Sexual Harassment at Westminster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The interesting thing is going to be when an interviewer asks him what it's about. Not that many of them would.

Comment

Very strange comment by Laura Kuenssberg on radio 4 just now. Saying that Fallon's resignation has now set the bar very low and that Damian Green may also have to go. She also suggested that there were other unnamed allegations. It wasn't really clear if he resigned or was sacked.

Comment

Originally posted by sw2bureau View Post
        The interesting thing is going to be when an interviewer asks him what it's about. Not that many of them would.
        Not really. The point of an NDA is that both parties cannot talk about it. So his answer would be a condescending "I'm legally prevented from discussing this, as you should well know"

cf Eni Aluko's year long silence about Sampson/the FA, even staying that way for a few weeks after that story broke, until the FA specifically and publicly stated she was free to talk.
        Last edited by Janik; 02-11-2017, 08:49.

Comment

I understood they can be unilateral or mutual? Not that I know how these things work.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
            Very strange comment by Laura Kuenssberg on radio 4 just now. Saying that Fallon's resignation has now set the bar very low and that Damian Green may also have to go. She also suggested that there were other unnamed allegations. It wasn't really clear if he resigned or was sacked.
            Fallon could surely only be because there was more to come out? Hartley Brewer has expressed incredulity that he'd be fired over what he did to her, although I would add that it's not necessarily just her that should have the right to make that judgment (it was bad even if she has decided to brush it off).

Comment

Hartley Brewer interviewed by Nicky Campbell on the BBC this morning. She said she assumed there were other incidents involving Fallon about to be revealed.

Comment

Tories taking Williamson promotion well : Text from senior Tory MP about Gavin Williamson: "He's out of the shitstorm. Knifed Fallon and pinched his job. It's way above his ability." (according to Lewis Goodall from SKY) and Kuenssenberg: One minister tells me ‘She is so weak she has let Williamson appoint himself-this is appalling’.

Sarah Wollaston
                (@sarahwollaston)
                There are times when offered a job that it would be better to advise that another would be more experienced & suited to the role

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                  Fallon could surely only be because there was more to come out? Hartley Brewer has expressed incredulity that he'd be fired over what he did to her, although I would add that it's not necessarily just her that should have the right to make that judgment (it was bad even if she has decided to brush it off).
                  He was on the spreadsheet that everyone's talking about but not quoting, and while I'm not going to quote it either, I can confirm the note next to his name isn't 'touched journalist's knee'. Whether or not what is against his name is true, I don't know.

Meanwhile Rory Stewart of nearby parish to me has said in the local media that the allegation made against him - that he asked his researcher to "do odd things" - is nonsense (I can quote that allegation cos he's quoted it himself). The researcher (who is named in the spreadsheet) has confirmed this (that it's nonsense) on Twitter.

Comment

Tories taking Williamson promotion well : Text from senior Tory MP about Gavin Williamson: "He's out of the shitstorm. Knifed Fallon and pinched his job. It's way above his ability." (
                    And when you consider the height of the Tory bar for defence secretaries...

Comment

May's former campaign manager.

Comment

If the spreadsheet is genuine, then presumably it was Williamson's.

Comment

Lewis Goodall also wrote

Before Williamson I thought May was strengthened by all this. All major rivals implicated, Boris in particular. Now she's been drawn in.

Comment

https://twitter.com/JasonGroves1/sta...48280320053248

Comment

If I were the Tories, I'd be worried about Wollaston crossing the floor.

Comment

If it is his spreadsheet, he ought to be having to answer questions about it pretty pronto. How did he hear of the various allegations, what did he do about them?

Comment

This is Major's last days 1995-97 x 10. Weak PM; shit party of greedy bastards, backstabbers; leaks aplenty; people planning for "the succession" knowing this term is fucked for them.

Comment

Yeah, I don't want to get distracted from the major issue of sexual harassment on to choppy waters stuff, but this appointment really does seem to have gone down like cold sick.

Comment

"Friend" of Fallon quoted as saying he gets drunk and turns into "Jeckyll and Hyde", which must be interesting viewing.

Just what you want from the Defence Secretary.

Comment

If Fallon is resigning over "Knee touching" I think it's fairly safe to say that he wants to be hiding out in his cellar at home when the real story hits the fan, and not up in london having to run various gauntlets when the full extent of whatever he was up to. And You'd have to assume it's fairly grim if he's resigned. Normally Tories have to be dragged kicking and screaming out of the building.

Comment

Maybe he's using it as an excuse to disentangle himself from a failing government, so he stays clean when it all implodes?

Comment

Maybe he was involved in knee-breaking, like the hon member for Louth South?

Comment

Or voting for illegal wars, etc, and I suspect that some Paul Foot type digging would reveal that Fallon's former department is up to the eyeballs in selling weapons to some evil scum that kills kids, but we have to deal with one sin at a time to expose the underlying corruption of the whole political body and culture.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                                Maybe he's using it as an excuse to disentangle himself from a failing government, so he stays clean when it all implodes?
                                                He's 65, first became an MP in 1983. He's not got much time for a comeback. It's likely something bad. Being pissed up and blurting Defence secrets isn't impossible either.

Comment

Who's the Tory's "bruiser" if Fallon's gone? Who's going to say gems like "If Ed Miliband can stab his brother in the back, imagine what he might do to the country"?

Comment

Or voting for illegal wars, etc, and I suspect that some Paul Foot type digging would reveal that Fallon's former department is up to the eyeballs in selling weapons to some evil scum that kills kids
                                                    We pretty much know that already. Saudi Arabia's war on Yemen being pretty well known.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X