Soccer Aid: Fuck Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Some of these childwen 'ave nevva seen a docta. Just sixteen paands of your money will feed one of these famlees for a week".

Inspiring words there from Sir David Beckham, who spent around £2 million pounds on his wedding. That must have been a shame when he realised he didn't want to stay faithful to the woman he was marrying, imagine how many starving kids he could have fucking saved with the price of the engagement ring.

I'm not going to have a pop. I imagine he gives a far larger percentage of wages to charity than I ever did.

Comment

I'm not singling out Beckham (well, alright, I was, but anyway). I find all of these huge "we're all multi-millionaires, so come on, everyone, let's save the world" events frankly obscene.

If the world's most worthy people like Simon Cowell and Fwank Lampard didn't earn 90% of the world's income, there wouldn't be starvation anywhere. Ant and Dec are actually offering a prize, tonight, for anyone who wants to give BT £1 and the charity about 50p, an all-expenses paid trip to Robbie Williams' caribbean home where Gordon Ramsay will cook them a slap-up meal in person. All in aid of relieving world poverty.

This is just sick.

Comment

I'm not singling out Beckham (well, alright, I was, but anyway). I find all of these huge "we're all multi-millionaires, so come on, everyone, let's save the world" events frankly obscene.
        Yeah, but then if they didn't do anything to help out, you'd be banging on about that. They're fucked either way.

Comment

I'm not sure that's true. I think whether or not rich people give to charity is of passing interest, but not much more.

Comment

EIM wrote:
            I'm not going to have a pop. I imagine he gives a far larger percentage of wages to charity than I ever did.
            ever heard of reciprocal altruism!

he gets more back than he ever gave.
            that bullshit when he used to stand next to that little girl with liver disease and ask 'us' for financial help, only 5 million to save her when he earns 30 million per annum is obscene and naive by his advisors.
            this is one appeal and celeb match tooooo far

Comment

WornOldMotorbike wrote:

Yeah, but then if they didn't do anything to help out, you'd be banging on about that. They're fucked either way.
              there is something they can do just stick their hands in their own pockets!!!

Comment

I don't think it's a bad thing when an athlete or actor can use their fame to draw attention to a particular plight that might otherwise have gone unnoticed. Whether or not it does more good, I'm sure it doesn't do any harm.

Comment

there is something they can do just stick their hands in their own pockets!!!
                  Whoa, easy on the exclamation points, mate.

As EIM says, I'm sure they likely do stick their hands in their own pockets, too. People who are generous with their time are likely generous in most manners.

Comment

a little bit offtheme here but this is what puzzles me about 'celebrity' and how it makes you an instant expert on everything.
                    During the early days of the maddy mccann case they draft in 'becks' to appeal!!!
                    so what is the stratergy their then?
                    oh well shes an evertonian, so instantly that means football so a natural progression means 'becks' must appeal!!!
                    so then if ,say the someone who snatched sees 'becks' making an appeal then their instantly going to give her back without harming her.
                    The same with jamie oliver to an extent,got lucky spotted by a documentary maker and has a modicum of personality and therefore and subsequently becomes 'the' spokes person for all things food related.
                    i really dont get it.

Comment

Rogin the Armchair Fan wrote:
                      If the world's most worthy people like Simon Cowell and Fwank Lampard didn't earn 90% of the world's income, there wouldn't be starvation anywhere.
                      Can you expand on this fantastical theorem, please?

Comment

WornOldMotorbike wrote:
                        People who are generous with their time are likely generous in most manners.
                        but thats one of my main points that they become so entrenched in their own status that we never see them shelling out the luca as its deemed more worth in having them giving their 'time' to
                        a cause.

Comment

Of course they can give a much higher percentage of their income to charity than you do, Eric's. So what? The percentage of their income needed to keep them alive is minuscule.

Comment

TonTon - I don't agree with all this wank. Not at all. But I'm keeping schtum on David Beckham when he, in particular, seems to be fairly good with this charity lark.

Comment

Romario's playing, though, so I'm watching it.

Comment

I actually know somebody who has gone to this.

if romario scores, does it count in his 1000+ goals?

Comment

FFS

shearer and sheringham up front and craig david at full back

Comment

Where do you think David's best position is then, Rick?

Comment

Where do you think David's best position is then, Rick?
                                      on a submarine doing a very long tour of the antarctic

Comment

I thought Craig David was meant to chill on Sundays?

Comment

Collina's the ref?

Hope Duncan Ferguson's playing for the ROW team then ...

Comment

Serves him right then *bitter Blue*

Comment

who is that jones bloke? is he welsh? he looks quite good. i have no idea who he is and i am sure this poxy thing doesn't count as a full international, so he could play for what is obviously the land of his fathers

toshack?

Comment

rick derris wrote:
                                                if romario scores, does it count in his 1000+ goals?
                                                I'd be amazed if it doesn't. Given that one game he claims to have scored twice for PSV in never even took place, according to PSV themselves.

Comment

"And David Seaman will be very dissapointed about that"

Comment

Working...
                                                  X