No announcement yet.

The Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are the people that are holding you hostage. We're all fucking doomed.

Comment

Going on the March but if I see Alistair Campbell Will Straw or Chuka Umunna I won’t be responsible for my actions. Likewise the wankers singing “ where’s Jeremy Corbyn “?

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
        So are these.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...red-rifles-ban

Hard Brexit Tories will use a Commons vote to try to overturn Home Office plans to ban high-powered military-grade rifles in a show of political defiance aimed at Theresa May.

Police want the .50 calibre or higher weapons – which can immobilise a vehicle or truck from a mile away – banned because they fear a terrorist who got hold of one would be impossible to defend against.

But 35 Tory MPs – many of whom are understood to be members of the European Research Group (ERG) – have decided to back an amendment to block the proposed ban.

Comment

Didn't someone post that yesterday?

Comment

Probably. Apologies.

Comment

Sorry, Hold on. You can buy what is technically termed an Anti-Materiel rifle legally in the UK? Does no-one remember the IRA sniper? You know, the guy who looked just like Toro-toro. (his mugshot looked so like Toro that he briefly used it as a facebook profile pic at one point)

Comment

I don't remember that sniper, but I remember The Professionals episode "Killer With A Long Arm". That's quite scary enough for me.

Comment

Supposed to getting on for 700,000 people now

Comment

That's fantastic.

Comment

I don't remember that sniper, but I remember The Professionals episode "Killer With A Long Arm". That's quite scary enough for me.

For Fuck's sake what is wrong with english people? Between 1990 and 1997, the IRA killed seven soldiers and two policemen with this type of rifle, shooting them through their body armour, essentially liquefying them, and effectively turning South Armagh into a no go area for the Army.

This inability to remember things has to be a cultural thing.

Comment

I'm familiar with South Armagh's "bandit country". But I didn't know the bandits looked like Toro.

Comment

hah, go to my facebook page, click on photos, then albums, then pick the one called Misc Pictures, and it's the first one. It's uncanny. It's a camera phone pic taken from a book, because the pic isn't online. I think It's ed Moloney's book. I found a copy of it in Toro's house, showed it to his parents if he had a twin that they had given up for adoption, and they were stunned.

Comment

Are you sure the bloke in the photos isn't Elmo from Love/Hate? Toro looks like him too.

Comment

Just settling with a post march beer. Obviously you can't estimate figures from being in the crowd but all the anecdotal indicators suggest it's a big one. Good: the immediate purpose is to turn the screw on the loons' ever emptier claims to be acting on behalf of 'the people'.

Comment

Well done, Sir.

Comment

https://twitter.com/sirwilliamd/status/1053665488079851528?s=21

Alright my report from March . Very middle-class very white & pretty old and really unclear of their demands. Almost no chanting . Lots of witty placards. And “ witty” placards. Of the “im really rather upset” genre. These people won’t stop Brexit. You need people who are ready to occupy, go to prison ( like the anti fracking campaigners are) go on strike , go to leave areas and build the case. There’s no strategy- the postcard we were being handed to send to our mps was atrociously badly written.

A Labour Government is the best way to stop Brexit and we know that the Tory anti Brexiteers and the Lib Dem’s weren’t prepared to do that when the opportunity was there because that might bring a Corbyn government,

So we’ll see what happens.but I’ don’t hold out much hope.

The Bbc are poison though. Which is one reason why they won’t get anywhereY should have Occupied Broadcasting House.

Comment

Farage had 1200 at his march in Harrogate today and that seemed enough to qualify for him and the BBC.

Comment

Yeah the only assumption that I'd make about someone holding a "down with this sort of thing" poster at the repeal parades is that she was probably a melee build rather than an unarmed.
                                      Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 20-10-2018, 17:03.

Comment

Yeah the only assumption that I'd make about someone holding a "down with this sort of thing" poster at the repeal parades is that she was probably a melee build rather than an unarmed.
                                        What is " a melee build" an " an unarmed"

Comment

In a computer game, it's whether your character chooses to specialize in using a sword or a club, over using their fists. Basically fighting style,

Comment

Here's a plan.

How about a load of people join a political party, with huge campaigning capacity? One led by a bloke who says "you lot are in charge in policy, not me". The people could, at every opportunity, make clear that they don't like Kipper-lite bollocks. By a happy coincidence this party could have 260 seats in Parliament. There could be a strong campaign for, at the very least, a Norway deal, say.

But this is apparently a bad plan. People trying to put pressure on that leader (by singing songs) are bad.

Here's another plan. Play down stuff about bringing the government down. That way people in other parties might be prepared to go further in their opposition to the government.
                                            Last edited by Tubby Isaacs; 20-10-2018, 17:22.

Comment

In a computer game, it's whether your character chooses to specialize in using a sword or a club, over using their fists. Basically fighting style,

thanks I thought it was some Irish Politics reference I didn't know.

Comment

Lot of editing gone on here. I'll refrain from having an angry wine fuelled rant at Tubby.

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Christ
                                                  Here's another plan. Maybe those 570,000 people who were at the march today could, I dunno, join something called The Labour Party and use its democratic internal party structure to make stopping Brexit the party's primary motivating factor. Now that mass demonstration and grassroots political activism is their thing, like.
                                                  The leadership has no interest in their views because Tony Benn told them 40 years ago the EU was an American capitalist plot.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                                    Lot of editing gone on here. I'll refrain from having an angry wine fuelled rant at Tubby.
                                                    Fair enough. I respect you all for going.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X