X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AP's "mural industry" comment made me laugh out loud

Comment

Nadine Dorries comes in with another gem:
      Total respect for the DUP. Hardened negotiators. After Good Friday/peace in NI and Irish politics in general - we are witnessing a master class in how it’s done.
      That'd be the DUP that, er, opposed the Good Friday Agreement and wasn't involved in those negotiations.

Is there some sort of competition going on to prove who can talk the most shit about Ireland?

Comment

UUP/DUP, whatever, it's all Irish innit.

Comment

Dorries is going to win any talking shit competition, no matter the subject, I'd have thought.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
            That'd be the DUP that, er, opposed the Good Friday Agreement and wasn't involved in those negotiations
            DUP MP Jeffrey Donaldson was in the UUP negotiating team for the GFA. Arlene Foster was head of the party youth set-up at the time.

Without avoiding that various English hacks (Tory, UKIP and Labour) have revealed plenty of ignorance this week, I think we know the broad reasons for their bad brief.

A little diversion for you

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/sho...-Irish-History

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
              AP's "mural industry" comment made me laugh out loud
              A big smile from me too.

As the critics say, that one works "on a number of levels".

Comment

Fair dos. I didn't know of Foster's UUP youth background. Hard to imagine her having a youthful outlook on anything. I thought Donaldson was one of the more refusenik-ish of the UUP's top brass at the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                  Is Gonzo back?
                  Yes, and determined to offer Nadine Dorries some competition.

Comment

Fair dos. I didn't know of Foster's UUP youth background. Hard to imagine her having a youthful outlook on anything. I thought Donaldson was one of the more refusenik-ish of the UUP's top brass at the time?
                    JD was critical of the 1998 deal- but I imagine he'd say it would have been even worse without his input.

There seem to be quite a few 40-something men on here fascinated by AF's er, middle-agedness and related outlook

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                      Meanwhile, Bern and Copenhagen have offered advice to
                      the warring islanders. Switzerland has warned of a backlash if Northern Ireland is penalised but the Danes reassure that once the South concedes two or three times, their supporters will give up and go home
                      ROI playing the long game here methinks

Comment

Of course. Not so much tiki-taka as tick-tock?

Comment

This is all exposing the contradictions and dysfunctionality of the United Kingdom much more than it is the EU at the moment.

Comment

Everywhere has such quirks- it's just that the British media assumes we aren't interested in them.

Comment

So regaining sovereignty means becoming a "regulatory protectorate"!

https://mobile.twitter.com/DanielBof...47748603043840

Comment

This is all exposing the contradictions and dysfunctionality of the United Kingdom much more than it is the EU at the moment.
                                Indeed. Yesterday the UK announced that they could not sign up for the solution tabled by the the UK.

Comment

I would imagine it would be easier for most EU countries, even with their own quicks and federalisms, to secede from the UK than the England-dominated amalgam of entities that is the UK.

Comment

"Arlene Foster says she has been told that Ireland preventing her getting text of deal.
                                    Arlene Foster: "We are told that the Irish government prevented it coming to us."
                                    RTE's Tommy Gorman: "Who told you that?"
                                    Foster: "The British negotiating team"

Comment

Hahahahaha what an absolute shower of shite these people are.

Comment

I think the negotiations aren't going too badly, considering we didn't start doing them properly till about a week ago.

Comment

Tweeted very much the same as above by E10 just now, great minds etc;the UK as a union is simply not viable anymore, Brexit is highlighting this big time, much more than Indyref.

Comment

A soft Brexit is OK for the integrity of the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                              "Arlene Foster says she has been told that Ireland preventing her getting text of deal.
                                              Arlene Foster: "We are told that the Irish government prevented it coming to us."
                                              RTE's Tommy Gorman: "Who told you that?"
                                              Foster: "The British negotiating team"
                                              So what she is saying is that Her Majesty's Government in London made a decision not to share all the information with Westminster parties that are not in Her Majesty's Cabinet.

DUP upset with being ruled from London.

Comment

Good day to bury bad news?

It's kicking off about the Brexit impact studies. They apparently don't look at the impact.

And if this is true, DEXEU might as well be wound up.

Jessica Elgot‏Verified account
                                                @jessicaelgot
                                                Follow Follow @jessicaelgot
                                                Labour MP says all the information in Brexit impact analysis is stuff sourced to select committee hearings and press releases...
                                                May already got her preferred EU advisor into No. 10- Ollie Robbins, I see his name is, into Number 10. He sounds a bit too much like Ollie Reader.

Comment

To be fair, Davis's line all along has been that there are no impact assessments.

Comment

"never interrupt your enemy when(s)he's making a mistake" Sympathetic analysis of Corbyn and Labour's position.

he has never definitely ruled out membership of the Single Market and the Customs Union (or at least something close it). As I recently reported, in his meeting with EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier in October, Corbyn "came across as being in favour, broadly, of staying in the Single Market and the Customs Union". Though Labour has stated that Free Movement will formally end (a position that satisfies Labour MPs in Leave constituencies), this does not mean that "free movement" will.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X