No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Presumably this was on one of the paid ones, as it's not come up on any of the ones in my feed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
      Presumably this was on one of the paid ones, as it's not come up on any of the ones in my feed.
      Yeah, it's a Grey Wolf one. Like most good Chapo bits, it's ended up on YouTube:

Comment

Cindy Hyde-Smith is trying hard to do a Roy Moore, but - as appropriate for Mississippi - with racism. Not only has she banged on about lynchings, and it turns out that she never talked about her high school because it was a "segregation academy", it now appears that she sent her daughter to a segregation academy, too.

The run-off is tomorrow, and there's a very outside chance of a Democrat upset.

In terms of actual strategy, I'm not sure if a narrow Democrat defeat wouldn't be better. There's not much material difference between a 53-47 Senate and a 52-48 one, once Pence has the deciding vote. This Senate will let every Trump nominee through, and because there's a Democratic house they won't be passing legislation anyway. And this is a temporary election, with a full election in 2020 to this seat - if Hyde-Smith is the Senator, then the Republicans are guaranteed to have a bad nominee in that election, and possibly easier to beat than a less useless fresh face.

Basically, neither outcome is particularly bad for Democrats.

Comment

They might get Chris McDaniel in 2020. I think polls showed him losing a run off this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
            Shooting tear gas across the border at asylum-seekers sounds about right, to anyone in late 2016 speculating on what the headlines in 2018 might look like.
            It's what the base wants to see.

Comment

Just watching a documentary about the Italian American Civil rights league. God it's hilarious. If I could visit any place at any time, I'd like to go to New York in the late fifties/early sixties. It looks really crazy. but not as dangerous and doomed as in the seventies/early eighties

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                If I could visit any place at any time, I'd like to go to New York in the late fifties/early sixties. It looks really crazy. but not as dangerous and doomed as in the seventies/early eighties
                Berba, just for you I will roll out a personal favourite.

Comment

oh wow That's...... just beautiful.

I think the time has come for someone to write a history of the world through the prism of Toxic Masculinity.

This video underneath is brilliant.
                  Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 26-11-2018, 19:05.

Comment

Oops

https://twitter.com/rachelweinerwp/status/1067204182199988224

Comment

That's not good for Manafort, but probably means anything he's given to Mueller is tainted, right?

Comment

TJ Cox (D) has finally overtaken David Valadao (R) in the last remaining uncalled house race. They still haven't finished counting in California. I don't know how many votes are left in that part of the state, but there are still 50,000 left to count in San Diego county.

Comment

I have never thought that Mueller was relying on ManFort for anything he didn’t already have a second source for.

This alllows Muelller to void the plea if he wants to.

Comment

Excellent analysis of the ballots remaining to be counted in CA 21 from the Fresno Bee.

It is likely to be very close.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                              I have never thought that Mueller was relying on ManFort for anything he didn’t already have a second source for.

This alllows Muelller to void the plea if he wants to.
                              If there is any take away from all this that is certain, it is that Mueller is a brilliant - potentially genius - operator. His footwork - and complete buy-in from his team - is unbelievably impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                ... ManFort ...
                                I really hope that was spellcheck, and if so, I wonder in what context it was previously used.

Comment

You mean like how my phone automatically interprets 'line' as 'lube'.

Comment

Manafort is behaving like Trump would because the lying is pathological.

Comment

To nobody's surprise, it looks like Hyde-Smith has almost certainly won the Mississippi run-off. The margin's going to be low-ish for Mississippi which is almost always a 58-42 Republican.

Comment

This is a genuine retweet from our increasingly unhinged President. Note the inclusion of Rod Rosenstein.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1067778044788523008?s=21

Comment

Dems win the last house seat. 235-200. Gain of 40.

Comment

That's quite impressive given how gerrymandered much of it is.

Comment

https://twitter.com/jonswaine/status/1068154008236380162?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                                That's quite impressive given how gerrymandered much of it is.
                                                It is.

See Texas.

https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status...42961324257280

50.4 R v 46.9 D
                                                8.3% swing to D.

D's pick up 2 seats. They now have 13 out of 36.

Comment

I quite enjoyed this one:

https://twitter.com/krassenstein/status/1068167198684917760

Comment

This thread

https://twitter.com/popehat/status/1068164312588419075?s=21

Comment

Working...
                                                    X