No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump is just throwing shit at the wall. Makes you wonder what he'd promise from the White Nationalist playbook if still around in the 2020 campaign. There seem to be no limits.

But as noted above, throwing shit at the wall does not mean Congress will ever vote on it or it will ever reach a court of law. Only 30% of people polled approved of the amendment when this question was last asked; I doubt that Congressmen would ignore those stats. That's why Roe v Wade is being attacked by stealth, for example.

In addition it would threaten to be a precedent that would bite Republicans on the arse in the future. If the POTUS can overturn or water down amendments, why not the 2nd? It goes against the whole conservative focus on limiting executive power.
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 30-10-2018, 18:34.

Comment

If he's serious, Congress won't get to vote on it.

Comment

In addition it would threaten to be a precedent that would bite Republicans on the arse in the future. If the POTUS can overturn or water down amendments, why not the 2nd? It goes against the whole conservative focus on limiting executive power.
        Brett Kavanaugh.

Comment

Enjoy!

Comment

Tubby - that Kavanaugh quote is interesting, but it's worth noting that there are some nutjobs on the right who will claim that the first ten amendments and amendable. The "Bill of Rights" is pure as the driven snow, and not to be messed with. It's perfectly fine to screw with the amendments about alcohol prohibition or women voting, because they're not part of the "real" constitution.

Comment

It was a Satchmo quote, which I answered with "Brett Kavanaugh". Ha ha.

In the meantime, Scott Walker turns up for an interview in Milwaukee dressed in a combat jacket. What's he saying, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                Ah. Oops.

Anyway, the "Bill of Rights is different to other amendments" argument is one that I've heard where the nutters try and claim gun rights is different to abolishing prohibition or abolishing slavery.

Comment

Walker is broadcasting his unwavering support for the hunters of Wisconsin’s right to drink themselves to death in freezing deer perches and duck blinds.

Comment

In case anyone clicked on Gero’s link

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1057355366537805824?s=21

Comment

Read through this and try not to laugh at the sheer shoddiness of the operation.

https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1057352982768074753

Comment

Well, Jacob was the youngest person in history to be barred from the US securities industry for life.

This ain’t his first rodeo.

Comment

You would think they'd hire some ex-intel/security wrong'uns with a reasonable level of competency to fabricate something fairly convincing - but instead they get this.

Comment

Tough few weeks for Jacob, who last week had his weird hipster coffee shop lie exposed. Chrissy Teigen was one of the people to laugh and dunk on him.

https://twitter.com/HashtagGriswold/status/1055226349890256897

Comment

LMAO

Surefire is a bit of a mystery. Since-deleted Craigslist advertisements for the company said it “was founded by two members of Israel's elite intelligence community.” The ads billed services including “counter intelligence,” “private spies,” and “ethical hackers.”

At least seven supposed employees of the company use fake headshots on their LinkedIn profiles. Talia Yaniv, whose page lists her as Surefire’s “Tel Aviv station chief,” uses a photo of Israeli supermodel Bar Refaeli. The photo of Surefire’s “financial investigator” is actually actor Christoph Waltz. The company’s “station chief” in DC uses a photo of Sigourney Weaver’s husband. And its deputy director of operations ripped off a headshot from a Michigan pastor.

Among the little public information available on the company is a pair of suspiciously vague posts on the publishing platform Medium. Both posts were written to appear as journalistic exposes of the company but neither does much beyond extolling its supposed expertise and impressive client list—without naming any of the clients. Both the posts were written by self-described journalists whose Twitter accounts were created in the last three months, and neither has done much beyond promote their Medium posts on Surefire.

The website lists offices in Los Angeles and nearby Irvine, CA, Washington D.C., New York, Tel Aviv, London, and Zurich. All of the U.S. phone numbers are Google Voice contacts that redirect callers to a single phone number with an area code corresponding to Orange County, CA, from which Wohl’s family also hails.

After about a dozen attempted calls to that number, someone finally picked up. The man, who refused to identify himself, would not discuss Surefire. “I don’t know, man, I can’t help you with that,” he said. Asked again who was speaking, the man hung up.

Surefire’s website domain data lists an email address bearing Wohl’s name and that of a legally suspect financial firm he led, NeX Management. Surefire’s website also contains images uploaded to the same Google cloud account as images uploaded to the now-defunct websites of NeX Management and two other asset management firms that Wohl ran, Montgomery Assets and Beverly Hills Management.

Wohl, who hinted at the Mueller allegations on Monday night, denied any knowledge of or involvement with Surefire. “Dude,” he told The Daily Beast in a Twitter direct message, “I work for an influence marketing company in L.A.”

Comment

I always like the expression "wire fraud", even if I don't know what it is.

I'm familiar with Jakey though. I'd like it if he'd committed wire fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post

In the meantime, Scott Walker turns up for an interview in Milwaukee dressed in a combat jacket. What's he saying, eh?

Is he wearing fucking biker boots?

Comment

Well, Jacob was the youngest person in history to be barred from the US securities industry for life.
                                    It's insane. It's like he's the Zelig of the dumbest timeline.

Comment

I thought they had gone off Harley when they said they would shift production, but I think Flynnie is right.

Comment

Has Walker given up on Foxconn yet?

Comment

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1057384745036697601

Comment

Tubbs, it does look like Walker may be cooling on them, though it may be too late for the taxpayers.

Shortly after the Wisconsin deal was signed, Walker was touting the Foxconn deal in campaign-style speeches across the state. But by October 2017, just a month after the legislature passed the Foxconn deal, a poll showed only 38 percent of the people in southeastern Wisconsin, where the plant would be located, thought the plant would be a net positive for the state. This was followed by March 2018 poll, which showed that 66 percent of people in the state believed their local businesses wouldn’t benefit from the Foxconn deal, and only 25 percent thought it would be beneficial.

Even after seven months of announcing new innovation centers and contributions, Foxconn hadn’t moved the needle much in the election: polls still showed the majority of people in the state didn’t believe the Foxconn deal would help them.

This was dreadful news for Walker, who suddenly stopped talking about Foxconn. He didn’t even mention the deal in a November 2017 speech announcing his run for re-election. It was also bad news for Foxconn, as every Democrat running for governor proceeded to condemn the deal. Both Walker and Foxconn now needed to sell this deal to the voters.

Comment

Jesus. And he might get re-elected?

Comment

Yup

Comment

Says so much...

Comment

Look at his weird hunchback walk.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X