Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’re a beautiful man, Bruno.

Comment

Yeah, good old Madison was a busted flush since the Reps refused to vote on Obama’s SC pick.

Comment

Those Sheriff freak constitutionalists now openly courted by the GOP. Voter suppression sanctioned by the SC will see trump returned in 2020. One way or another, I just want him to die. And not just him. Hanging from meat hooks, the mook Queens bastards.

Comment

I'm still waiting to hear from a coherent opposition. Anger and disgust are sane and righteous emotions but they won't last two and a half years, and they won't convince people who voted for the orange shit-gibbon eighteen months ago. So far as I can tell they believe he's just trying to deliver on his promises.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
            Hopefully a suicide note
            Seconded.

Comment

@Bruno
              Your government has
              *torn families apart and caged the children it has kidnapped while guards laugh at them crying
              *demonised an entire religious/ethnic group
              *refused to condemn neo nazis who murdered someone
              *trodden on international law breaking the Geneva conventions as well as internationally agreed rules and systems
              *made it clear that they see chaos as preferable to stability in international affairs

I think however much you want to define fascism as simply that practiced by Mussolini, that your government is practically fascist already.

Comment

For some reason, every few years, America tells itself that the world is getting too complicated and the village idiot holds the keys that will unlock the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                  @Bruno
                  Your government has

*demonised an entire religious/ethnic group
                  As most of the Americas, south of the USA, are catholic, I think they might be working on two.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
                    I guess we'll know more in November. I'd find it hard to believe that the country that reelected Obama would just capitulate this quickly.
                    Okay, maybe I don't understand the US system well enough, but shouldn't November be now? I don't mean literally obv, but isn't now the time that opposition parties should be beginning to present a coherent and unified plan/platform? I mean peoples' hearts are won (for now) but to stay the course until November their minds need winning too.

Comment

Yep. But the Dems are so shit. These loose leaf coalition Civil War hangovers, the strictest barring rich mad people system is partly what has created this. Minus a whip system, the Dems (and GOP) are a mess, donors and green ink voters driving Elecors further right, or Primarying thyme for someone even more cynical and/or evil.stupid as fuck. The base and the donors of the GOP, beyond redemption.

And the Dems, a few bucks from the Unions and a lot more from half the same corps donating to the Repubs, and the cunts are so centralist to be irrelevant. I bet the next Dem pres, if there is one, nudges the Overton window not one bit to the left. The most evil and destructive laws and executive prefers will stay on the books as the new normal.
                      Last edited by Lang Spoon; 20-06-2018, 19:37.

Comment

I read the news too. We have a three-branch federal government and 50 states, and it's not a monolith just yet.
                        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men spend their time arguing about terminology

Comment

As Ursus I believe has said often on here, the Dems national org such as it is has completely neglected State Governorships, state legislature, local govt, school fucking boards, while the GOP strategists and the Kochs have managed to funnel shit tons into just those areas to build from their wipeout a decade ago. They are clever, the Dems are idiots whose Centrist bollocks Listening to Concerns corporate or Racist will ensure their continued piss poor performance. That and suppression. Spending it all on the Pres campaign neglects the relative weakness of the President when most other organs of state are for the Reps. And the polis and armed forces, way more overtly rabidly Right than in the past (I’d bet a lot of cops in the past would have been Pro Union Democrats).
                          Last edited by Lang Spoon; 20-06-2018, 19:39.

Comment

No, this won’t just be Trump goddamit. The State, it is Them. Enough Repubs will find themsleves stirring toward open Authoritarianism the ginger prince won’t even need to exist anymore. Rigged elections, Reps from top to bottom. It might be Authoritarianism rather than Fascism but that is really splitting pubes when you have fucking junior concentration camps, kids for sure disappeared to god know what horror. Lost in bureaucracy, trafficked, be unsurprised if unmarked graves are uncovered in years to come. If the second Amendment means anything, let militias form and cleanse the state from tyranny. Though the only stupid cunts who would do something like that are right behind this cunt.

Comment

The national Dem and GOP platforms tend to rely on a presidential candidate as the medium, and that isn't this year. Last I checked the signs for regional elections (tailored by region) were favorable overall for the Dems.
                              Maybe, but do you want to stake everything on that being so? Besides it's not just the DNC that's been missing, it's other groups. Where are the women who organised so brilliantly at the inauguration? Are the high-school kids post-Parkland still active? See, as a teenager I remember being really impressed with US groups that coalesced around the Vietnam War, everyone from Students for a Democratic Society to Vietnam Veterans Against War, to National Coordinating Committee to End the War in Vietnam, (which became the umbrella group,) they were all there long before the Democatic Party as a whole. I don't know if it's the issue, or the culture that's so different now, but waiting for the "official opposition" to get its act together just seems doomed to failure.

Comment

Is this one worth taking seriously? Good sign, if so.

MonmouthPoll
                                ‏@MonmouthPoll
                                Follow Follow @MonmouthPoll
                                More
                                WEST VIRGINIA CD03 POLL: US House election
                                All potential voters:
                                @Ojeda4congress (D) 43
                                @CarolMillerWV (R) 41

Likely voters:
                                Standard model - Ojeda 47 / Miller 41
                                Dem-surge model - Ojeda 48 / Miller 39

Comment

I'm really not convinced by this idea that we should be focused on a Democratic central platform. There are regional parties for a reason. The "not insane right wing party" that makes sense for rural Pennsylvania probably looks a lot like Conor Lamb, and looks almost nothing like the "not insane right wing party" that makes sense for south-eastern Florida, which looks pretty dissimilar to the one that makes sense for Wyoming. And none of those will completely align with the left wing party that doesn't need to compete with Republicans in places like Boston or the Bay Area.

The US is a huge place, and massively diverse by region. There's a reason that the state parties have the power.

Comment

You have a good line in pretending that people talk down to you Bruno while talking down to everyone yourself

Comment

People organized about Vietnam because there was a draft and shit was real. Right now we're in a very low-unemployment booming economy.

The problem with a 5-alarm-fire approach to our current situation is just that. If we truly believe that fascism is here or will be if we do nothing, then we all need to be in the streets, and the result will definitely be violence which could easily destabilize things to an all-bets-are-off extent. The right course of action for Germans in 1934 was to take to the streets, which would have produced a blood bath. A sizeable chunk of the US population right now is blaming the migrant parents for breaking the law with their children in tow, and not the Trump admin for being racist fascists. I watched an interview earlier of a "mother of two" (and she was Latina) giving that opinion couched in explicit sympathy for the kids. She's naive and wrong obviously, so she'll need to be killed too right?
                                      No. I’d prefer Trump to die at his own hand like others have said. But I don’t think that will happen. It might take violence to dislodge these cunts. And as has been pointed out here more than once, Hispanics aren’t a homogenous block of interests. State violence isn’t affecting rich Hispanics who’ve been here generations and speak English. Yet. I’d say she’s more likely to be entrapped in bollocks than need shooting.

Comment

Oy. I know violence usually makes things worse, but concerned editorials in the Nyt do fuck all either.

Comment

You are so incredibly fucking chippy it’s unreal. And I’m a chippy bastard.

Comment

Sometimes there is a time for action. A bomb left in the War Room or that cheesy pile in Florida. Von S for our times, but less shit rubbish. There is a duty to disobey, when to obey is criminal. Will the last Democratic in the true sense General grow some stones before Midnight?

Comment

Trump has just signed an EO ending family separations.
                                              Everything’s fine again.

Comment

I don’t think it’s midnight yet by the way, but it’s getting dark.

Comment

No, ffs, you called me a fucking asshole a page back , but I’ve never been straight to your throat like that as one or two others on here. But fuck me, you are utterly exasperating.

Comment

Everywhere you see slights, but can always justify your own. Ad hominem attacks as a defence against persecution. Let’s fucking stop this, it’s the Trump thread not the endless unresolvable argument elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X