No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump is asking the DOJ to investigate itself. How would that happen?

Comment

As a purely theoretical matter, Rosenstein could appoint a special prosecutor.

Comment

so the national inquirer has turned on Cohen. I am shocked.

Comment

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/998540348447215616?s=21

Comment

I haven't read every posting on this thread so, maybe, does anyone else get the impression that Mr. Trump may be suffering from the onset of dementia?

Comment

I do, and we discussed that quite a while back.

This analysis of changes in his vocabulary is interesting

STAT reviewed decades of Trump’s on-air interviews and compared them to Q&A sessions since his inauguration. The differences are striking and unmistakable.

Research has shown that changes in speaking style can result from cognitive decline. STAT therefore asked experts in neurolinguistics and cognitive assessment, as well as psychologists and psychiatrists, to compare Trump’s speech from decades ago to that in 2017; they all agreed there had been a deterioration, and some said it could reflect changes in the health of Trump’s brain.
              Some of it seems baldly designed to appeal to his base (a style refined on the Apprentice and his birther tours), but I don’t see that explaining all of it.

Comment

Thanks Ursus. As I said, I haven't read every posting. Nice to know I'm not alone. Good to hear from you again.

Comment

Very much the same from me.

And having to read every post on this thread should be restricted to the Seventh Circle and below.

Comment

Word! Maybe when Mr. Cohen and Mr. Flynn are convicted it should be a condition of their probation.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...rations-europe

Mike Pompeo claims Iran carrying out 'assassination operations' in Europe
                      The statement bewildered security experts and Iranian exiles, who say they are not aware of any evidence for the allegation

Comment

He only hires the best people

Comment

So 324 pages later, and what have we learned? Shit DOESN'T burn.

Comment

https://twitter.com/froomkin/status/999063031580626944?s=19

Comment

I guess the non paranoids and not psychopaths have been weeded out by now. It should be a fun last two years of the term.

Comment

Good God.

Comment

So Cohen's Taxi partner has got a plea deal. It seems like he must have a lot of stuff to talk about.

Comment

I still fear that the Democrats are going to find a way to fuck up in 2020 as Trump rides back in on a tide of white racist filth.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                      I still fear that the Democrats are going to find a way to fuck up in 2020 as Trump rides back in on a tide of white racist filth.

What gives you that idea?

Comment

How long can Pompeo and all go on saying they haven't seen what Trump's said about the FBI etc?

Comment

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/999304064461692928

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                                            How long can Pompeo and all go on saying they haven't seen what Trump's said about the FBI etc?
                                            For as long as he's allowed to deflect the discussion on to North Korea and Iran, i.e. indefinitely?

I do think, however, that an agency the size of the FBI can't let this defamation of the organization go on for four years and there must be some counter-move eventually.

Not sure if Mueller by himself is enough to deliver a fatal blow to Trump; I think it needs an offensive on several fronts. Whether the agencies are sufficiently unified and cohesive to do that, I dunno.
                                            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 23-05-2018, 20:57.

Comment

NAFTA got his attention for five seconds today. Apparently Canadian and Mexican carpetbaggers have been ripping off the US for years. But no more. "We're going to win. And win BIG!!!!

Comment

Bannon was just on Newsnight, spewing his toxic fucking shit in every utterance. The highlight? Informing the viewer that Emmanuel Macron is a former "Rothschild banker".

KKK without the hood. Everything you need to know in that one utterance.

The fact that Trump and his cabinet are onside with that type of cancerous fucker should be a massive, flashing, red light. And yet.

Comment

I’m guessing Evan cunting Davis let him go on unchallenged with his shit. Gotta hear Both Sides.

Comment

I'm surprised by that, LS, but here you go...

On topic, from Twitter, 'To my memory #newsnight has given platforms to Steve Bannon, Milo, James Delingpondlife and Tommy Robinscum. Also Dapper Laughs.

If you don't challenge extreme miscreants well enough - and BBC hacks don't - you are simply giving them a platform'.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X