No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amusing that Wolf is being attacked as being from 'the elites.' How more elite can you get than the White House?

Unless 'elites' is code based on false assumptions about her ethnicity.
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 29-04-2018, 21:19.

Comment

They say that about everyone who isn't racist or loony religious.

Comment

But there are 'elites' and 'Jewish elites', with boundaries set by the person using the slur.

Comment

I'm seeing more attacks about her frizzy hair, which she jokes about herself.

Her follower count has shot up by hundreds of thousands, but she's getting countless Tweets telling her how irrelevant she is, and how her career is "finished".

I found some of it funny, but that's the case with most standups. Definitely got a few good hits home.

Comment

The whole event deserves to die

Comment

They seem to be mostly pissed off that she blames them for the rise of trump, and profiting from it. "We wanted you to speak truth to power, but not to us."

Comment

They don't really want the comedians to speak truth to power. They got pissed off at Colbert's skewering of Bush too. Not as huffily as this time, probably for the reason you're giving, but they seem to want it to be a very, very gentle roast, and they keep accidentally hiring satirists and being surprised when they do their job.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                  The whole event deserves to die
                  A few people I follow on Twitter were saying the same thing, or something similar, yet during the Obama years I remember them giddily talking about watching it and tweeting about #Nerdprom.

Comment

The whole 'thing' surrounding political liars is baffling. He 'misled' the public. 'That's untrue'. So and so 'misspoke'.

No, they're fucking lies. Call them by their proper name.

Comment

Haberman had a similar tweet a while back. It was pointed out she had spoken about Hillary Clinton's "lies".

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                        I quite liked Michelle Wolf at the White House Correspondents dinner. There's a lot of very uncomfortable moments in this.
                        Watching it now..."It is kind of crazy the Trump campaign was in contact with Russia when the Hillary campaign wasn't even in contact with Michigan." HAHAHA

She calls Chris Christie a barrel...one minute later, shot of him in the crowd stuffing cheesecake into his mouth.

Also, I saw that a lot of people said that she made fun of Sarah Huckabee Sanders' looks, which she plainly did not.

It's just further proof that the media is interested in defending unwritten rules of civility and will defend the President and these offices, no matter who is holding them. They may agree with every criticism of the people holding them, but they'll refuse to say that out loud because they think it is an attack on the republic.
                        Last edited by Incandenza; 30-04-2018, 15:19.

Comment

I enjoyed this. And I don't even know who Chris Cillezza is. I don't even need to. He's clearly just one of those people.

Comment

Oh, he's the worst of those people. Just put his name into LGM's search box and you'll find dozens of examples.

Comment

I must say I liked her lines about Megyn Kelly. That Winter Olympics crack was a beautifully crafted joke. Also the Fox News "Cover your glasses ladies"

Comment

The event has always been utter shit - but it creates bullshit coverage for the media for a few days a year so they don't have to do their actual job, so they keep it alive. The satire is usually lame, and we're meant to feel great about the President laughing at bad jokes targeted at him, as if this is actually an important thing for a President. Then we're meant to applaud massively as the Prez himself gives a speech with some necessarily lame and blunt jokes (because anything worthwhile as a joke would, by definition, be unpresidential). In some ways, I'm glad Trump decided to normalise not showing up.

That said, I thought a bunch of Wolf's jokes were actually very good. And none of them were half as outrageous as the media is pretending.

Comment

I thought the best bit was about the media creating a monster, and loving it.

Comment

yeah. So much of this is "She said incredibly offensive things to me to my face, I'm going to instead defend the honour of Sarah Fucking Huckabee Sanders."

Comment

This being the same Sarah Huckabee Sanders who hasn't even tried to tone down Trump's anti-press rhetoric but has in fact reiterated it from the podium.

Comment

I rewatched Stephen Colbert in 2006 yesterday. Fucking hell he was good.

Shame he's become a mainstream asshat.

Comment

https://twitter.com/asteadwesley/status/991134306658607109?s=21

Comment

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/991351829349982209

Comment

It’d be great if the fucker actually had tertiary syphillis. Even the republicans would have to declare him unfit for office then.

Comment

Originally posted by antoine polus View Post
                                                Shame he's become a mainstream asshat.
                                                ?

Sure, the talk show format isn't as conducive to full-bore satire as his old character was, but he's still dishing it out. And I certainly don't see what would merit asshat status.

Comment

Yeah, he has to do four or five shows a week. The strain of that alone is enormous.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X