Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    Has he been nominated? I'd be surprised if he had. (Nominations can only come from certain people, I think). BDS are nominated this year. I'd love it love it if they won
    Bulldog Skates? Wicked!

Comment

Funny that you ask, ad hoc.

But a wrinkle in this time-honored process — the peace prize was first awarded in 1901 — emerged on Tuesday, when the committee announced that it had uncovered what appeared to be a forged nomination of President Trump for the prize. The matter has been referred to the Oslo police for investigation.

Moreover, the forgery appears to have occurred twice: Olav Njolstad, the secretary of the five-member committee, said it appeared that a forged nomination of Mr. Trump for the prize was also submitted last year — and was also referred to the police. (The earlier forgery was not disclosed to the public at the time.)
      Presumably, any progress with North Korea would be the subject of a nomination for the 2019 prize, given that the nomination deadline has passed.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
        Please read my post, Tubbs.
        Ah apol.

Comment

Funny that you ask, ad hoc.

Presumably, any progress with North Korea would be the subject of a nomination for the 2019 prize, given that the nomination deadline has passed.
          So there's plenty of time for him to complete the volte-face and start a war with South Korea then?

https://twitter.com/France24_en/status/972119106412359680

Comment

Bear in mind he already put tariffs on South Korea over washing machines.

Comment

The very real possibility of Donald Trump dick pics.

Comment

It may be the first presidential knob we get to see, and believe me, this is the first "old guy junk" that I am utterly horrified at the prospect of viewing, but I feel I know Bill Clinton's bits intimately, down to him having Peyroni's (sic) syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                  So, today I read about a Belarus prostitute in a Thai prison
                  I scan read that very quickly and I read it as "today I met a".

Comment

Josh Marshal goes on to analyze Daniels' legal claims—Trump never signed the agreement; the agreement barred all parties from publicly acknowledging the existence of the agreement, so Cohen's public comments about the agreement has rendered it void
                    The best lawyers money can buy.

Comment

Originally posted by antoine polus View Post
                      The best lawyers money can buy.
                      Speaking of, Cohen used his Trump Organization email address to handle the NDA negotiations.

President Donald Trump's personal attorney used his Trump Organization email while arranging to transfer money into an account at a Manhattan bank before he wired $130,000 to adult film star Stormy Daniels to buy her silence.

The lawyer, Michael Cohen, also regularly used the same email account during 2016 negotiations with the actress — whose legal name is Stephanie Clifford — before she signed a nondisclosure agreement, a source familiar with the discussions told NBC News.

And Clifford's attorney at the time addressed correspondence to Cohen in his capacity at the Trump Organization and as "Special Counsel to Donald J. Trump," the source said.

Cohen has tried to put distance between the president and the payout, which has been the subject of campaign finance complaints.

In a statement last month, Cohen said he used his "personal funds to facilitate a payment" to Clifford, who says she had an intimate relationship with Trump a decade ago.

"Neither the Trump Organization nor the Trump campaign was a party to the transaction with Ms. Clifford, and neither reimbursed me for the payment, either directly or indirectly," Cohen said in that statement.

But an email uncovered in the last 24 hours and provided to NBC News by Clifford's current attorney, Michael Avenatti, shows First Republic Bank and Cohen communicated about the money using his Trump company email address, not his personal gmail account.

Comment

Huckabee Sanders already walking back the DPRK meeting, saying it will depend on them first taking concrete steps toward disarmament and refusing to commit to the May timeline.

Comment

How would they verify the steps?

Comment

Presumably through inspections of some sort, though at this point it strikes me more as an attempt to kill the meeting rather than a well thought out plan.

My sense is that 45's national security officials are as uncomfortable with the idea of him sitting down for unstructured talks with Kim as his lawyers are of him doing so with Mueller.
                            Last edited by ursus arctos; 10-03-2018, 12:19.

Comment

My sense is that 45's national security officials are as uncomfortable with the idea of him sitting down for unstructured talks with Kim as his lawyers are of him doing so with Mueller.
                              He comes out of the meeting..."folks...juche! It's amazing! Such a wonderful idea, Americans are really going to love juche."

Comment

Worth noting what happened when another impressionable leader visited North Korea https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nico...ty?wprov=sfla1

Comment

My guess is that he never sends pictures of his own appendage

Comment

Fake views?

Comment

Even to People who've actually seen it?

What does that pack of funsters over at the New York Bar have to say about a lot of this? They've got to be giving mickey Cohen the hard stare that people with rimless glasses and rule books like to reserve for such situations as this.

Comment

I will admit that I'm surprised that Cohen hasn't been disbarred yet, but it generally requires either a conviction or a complaint from a client, and he only has one of those.

Comment

Surely these one client lawyers provide a substantial chunk of the business for the ethics committee? I'm sure that the New York Bar has access to the type of lawyer that could get you time in a supermax over cheating at golf. And they're not the Organization I imagine them to be if they don't have a whole bunch of ways buried in their rules to put a brick through the forehead of someone as nakedly unethical and bad for business as Cohen. The thing about Trump and the people who work for him is that they all seem to commit obvious crimes all the time, and half the time they don't even bother to take the slightest precautions. I bet his last legal submission probably contains the sentence "I commit lots of crimes all the time, and I want to confess."

Hah, typing Michael Cohen and Disbarred into google brings up an article from today. Does this make sense to people with more legal experience?

Comment

As a member of the board of a major committee of the City Bar, I'm afraid that you would be disappointed. The New York Bar is full of chancers and worse.

The Slate article makes the case, but I'm still not sure that it is a winner.

Comment

heh a friend of mine who did the New York bar wound up in Kazakhstan at the sort of Oil meeting where nearly everyone had an AK-47, and it involved him bringing a bag of money into the middle of the room, and then someone would come from the other side with documents, as though it were a scene from the Departed. And he had been working for the sort of New York Legal firm that even I had heard about. I'm sure it has a great many exciting members and I'm not suggesting that they apply these rules consistently or universally. Just that they have those rules there for when they might want to mess someone up.

Comment

Comment

Reassuring to know economic policy is directed by Trump's gut.

For a while I thought it might have been his brain.

Comment

Navarro has an easy job, just having nod his head and say "Yes, Mr President." Must be boring, though, like being economic advisor to a dictator.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X