No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't be all bad, clearly a fan of Mean Girls.

Comment

He is the very model of a modern stable genius.

Comment

I like to study the Pence Nod. It may be our best guide to the Republicans' 2020 platform, giving us an insight into how far they/he will go in repudiating Trump. And unlike the other senior Republicans, the VP has to be in the shot, even on close-up. He has nowhere to hide.

He stands behind the Pres, dutifully nodding. Which is fine when Trump is just rejecting the Wolff book in general terms, assuring us all is well in the White House. VP nods, that's his job.

But then Donald decides to start riffing on changing libel laws, saying fuck the First Amendment (not verbatim quote, but Pence could see where he was going), and the Nod freezes. Still no betrayal in the eyes, no treasonous frown, he just stills the head. Waits until Trump is back on safer ground, and the Nod resumes.

When the Nod becomes a Shake, we'll know it's over.

Comment

Noddy and Big Liars

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
              I like to study the Pence Nod. It may be our best guide to the Republicans' 2020 platform, giving us an insight into how far they/he will go in repudiating Trump. And unlike the other senior Republicans, the VP has to be in the shot, even on close-up. He has nowhere to hide.

He stands behind the Pres, dutifully nodding. Which is fine when Trump is just rejecting the Wolff book in general terms, assuring us all is well in the White House. VP nods, that's his job.

But then Donald decides to start riffing on changing libel laws, saying fuck the First Amendment (not verbatim quote, but Pence could see where he was going), and the Nod freezes. Still no betrayal in the eyes, no treasonous frown, he just stills the head. Waits until Trump is back on safer ground, and the Nod resumes.

When the Nod becomes a Shake, we'll know it's over.
              This is a beautiful observation, tee rex. I'll be keeping a closer eye on the Nod (or lack of) henceforth.

Comment

I'm still struggling to come to terms with his having written, 'being, like, really smart.' It's a formulation I can only ever imagine being used in knowing satire/pastiche, but here he is doing it in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  I'm still struggling to come to terms with his having written, 'being, like, really smart.' It's a formulation I can only ever imagine being used in knowing satire/pastiche, but here he is doing it in real life.
                  Possibly using some kind of voice recognition program? It is something I can obviously imagine him saying but not writing.

Comment

Originally posted by Knowlesy View Post
                    Possibly using some kind of voice recognition program? It is something I can obviously imagine him saying but not writing.
                    No voice recognition program would come up with "unpresidented".

Comment

It's the correct use of commas in "being, like, really smart" that renders it slightly unbelievable. Is Trump always that well punctuated?

Comment

Nor would it have the sense of irony to mess up "consensual".

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                          It's the correct use of commas in "being, like, really smart" that renders it slightly unbelievable. Is Trump always that well punctuated?
                          Yes. His sentences are typically as follows:

Sloppy Steve Bannon, who cried after he was fired, has lost his mind. Sad!

Comment

Yeah, he's pretty consistent with that stuff, oddly. It was the seeming knowingness that made me go, 'really? He wrote that?' but then, of course, the overall pettiness and babyishness of it make it clear that no-one else wrote it for him.

Comment

Of all the things Trump has written, nothing has ever given me a warm a feeling — except the revelation that Bannon cried when he was fired.

Comment

Wow.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ted-rick-perry

Energy agency rejects Trump plan to prop up coal and nuclear power plants

The unexpected decision by the Republican-controlled body is a blow to the president’s high-profile mission to revive the struggling US coal industry

Comment

Who is going to tell her?

https://twitter.com/ivankatrump/status/950561402053447685

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                                    Of all the things Trump has written, nothing has ever given me a warm a feeling — except the revelation that Bannon cried when he was fired.
                                    oh right, i just randomly generated a trumpian tweet to demonstrate his style of comma usage. was not real. sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                                      Surely this just means that the Coal/nuclear lobby is less powerful than the Gas lobby.

Comment

Which is a pretty striking development. It certainly wasn't true in the US, say, five years ago. And it comes after Trump won an election campaigning heavily on coal over other forms of energy.

Comment

You do wonder if Rick Perry is really displeased with this development or not. Texas produces natural gas, after all, not coal.

Comment

Actually five might be a bit short - the fracking boom was underway by then. Certainly 10.

Comment

Texas also produces a truckload of wind power.

Comment

Over the christmas, i was watching a youtube clip of Kermit the Frog presenting the Johnny carson show, and I was fascinated by the ads for Exxon and another one of the huge oil companies. they were pushing themselves as multi energy source companies, stretching all the way from Coal to new alternative technologies that involved clean coal, with a lot of Petrol on the side. Now that's nearly 40 years ago, and it would seem from that article that over the last 15 years, many of these large producers have culled Coal from their portfolio, because it's shit. So ultimately in a situation where these big companies are seeing their rivals who haven't moved away from coal getting a big, pitch queering subsidy, they are sufficiently numerous and powerful to block it.

I wonder how the bankruptcy of westinghouse has impacted the US nuclear industry. I was reading a bit about the economics of Nuclear power, and it's fucking horrendous. Building Nuclear plants makes no fucking economic sense, until someone can work out a way to substantially reduce the time between the moment that the interest clock starts ticking on the project, and the first dribbles of power making their way onto the grid.

Comment

Not to mention decommissioning costs and the unsolved waste disposal problem. Oh, and insurance companies refuse to cover a nuclear plant, so the government has to cough up when anything goes wrong. Also, the uranium is running out.

Comment

Arpiao announced that he is running in the Republican primary for Jeff Flake’s Senate seat

Comment

Working...
                                                    X