Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WOM View Post
    Oh, yeah. We marked ourselves as 'big hitters' with our cowardly abstention because we objected to the wording...or something. Bullying most certainly works.
    Trudeau is a streak of maple syrup stinking piss. Even worse than Macron. His photo op content free Govt reminds me of nothing so much as early Cameron. Maybe he will kill off the Liberals as his admin sinks into betrayal of every dearly held issue, and the NDP will become the proper force against evil.

Or whatever you call your Tory wanks these days will slide back in to finish the job of making youse US batshit right wing.
    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 21-12-2017, 18:25.

Comment

Well, they do have commercial interests in the US that aren't shared by other Francophone African states

Comment

Togo's has a really good pastrami sandwich for a sub chain.

Comment

How often has the UK voted against the USA, on any issue of substance?

Australia never changes. They couldn't even join in with Japan and South Korea and New Zealand.

Comment

Give the UK another 6 months, and we'll be voting with Trump. Be a natural progression from wooing authoritarian Polish cranks, as she is right now.

Comment

David Cameron took The Conservatives into alliance with the Polish (we make the) Law & (fuck your) Freedom Party . Also in the gang were AfD in Germany expelled in 2016 the Far right in Denmark & Latvia. Mind boggling really.

Comment

Appeasing the Hannan mouth breathing types was a brilliant strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                  I just find it astonishing how little attention it got at the time. The Conservative party decided to ally with a neo Nazi party, a far right Catholic party, and assorted hard right anti immigrant groups and the British press said almost nothing about it all.

Comment

It was bollocks he dreamed up for the 2005 leadership election. As it happened, he probably didn't need to do it to win the leadership at all.

As Nef says, he got off very lightly. For a cuddly moderniser, like.

Comment

He was always on a hiding to nothing with his Don Quixote on a pit pony “renegotiation” with the EU, but it sure as shit didn’t help burning down contacts with fellow travellers in Modernising Evil within the EPP. Nah, we’ll be bezzie mates with the Fash Bastards and cranks. That’ll keep Bill Cash quiet. Hug a seal cunt. I hope he dies roaring, and young. Cunt will live to 90 but, die peacefully, surrounded by family. Cunt cunt cunt. You ruined everyone’s future cos you’re a lazy cowardly ignorant bastard always equating the National Interest with that of the Tory Party. Hope Sam Cam starts to look like a fucking horse as well. Posh pseudo Scotch cunts. The only good thing about leaving the ECJ and inevitably the Evil ECHR will be we can expropriate the bastards with name bother. Leave them to die of exposure on their precious wet desert tree free grouse moors.

Definitely wrong thread.

Hope the grouse turn carnivorous.
                      Last edited by Lang Spoon; 21-12-2017, 23:08. Reason: Desert/Dessert, ffs. I coulda been an Adult Slelling Bee contender, I used to be a TEFL teacher!

Comment

It’s Law and (no) Justice, not Law and Freedom, and the lack of scrutiny extends very much to the mainstream media in the US, not withstanding the large numbers of Americans of Polish ancestry. To pick just one example, the current actions by the EU are getting virtually no coverage over here.

While that is unsurprising from the likes of Fox, it would be interesting to know just why outlets like the Times and the Post don’t believe coverage is warranted.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                          Thirdly: The Israeli ambassador: “You are like puppets pulled by your Palestinian masters,” Hahahahahahahaha. Those Palestinian puppet masters ruling the world with their cunning strategy of being brutally oppressed for the crime of being Palestinian.
                          My reaction precisely. Had I been present when he uttered that bullshit I'm sure I would have laughed out loud. As for Nikki Haley's "we're taking names", with the dubious exception of John Major's Book of Bastards, isn't that the sort of thing that only children do? They look like they're deliberately going out of their way to make themselves look like idiots. And succeeding.

Comment

From here.

Comment

Praying for a stroke to Sharon the bastard. All I want for Christmas.

Comment

Maybe that was one of the racist rants Omarosa had to witness? Someone needs to get him on tape saying that shit, then have the courage to release it.

Comment

Someone needs to have the courage to ram his head repeatedly against the Oval Office desk till the blood pours from his ears.

Comment

Would getting him on tape make any difference? I'm not even sure he'd deny it.

Comment

No difference at all.

See the Access Holllywood tape (which he is now denying privately)

Comment

Trudeau is a streak of maple syrup stinking piss. Even worse than Macron. His photo op content free Govt reminds me of nothing so much as early Cameron.
                                        Macron is cutting money to French scientific research, while at the same time handing out a few fellowships to American climate scientists to come to France. The latter amount is peanuts compared to the money he is ripping out of French science, but it plays well in the press. Photo op politics. He's the last stand of Powerpoint-Social-Democracy-Betraying-the-Base before FN takes over at the next elections.

Comment

https://sciencebusiness.net/news/803...to-2017-budget

A spokesman for the higher education, research and innovation ministry, which has a €23.85 billion budget, said the government, “Inherited a budgetary situation that called for a global effort, in order to establish a sounder, more reliable budget. The ministry for higher education, research and innovation takes its part, as do the other [ministries].”

The cuts to research are spread across different ministries, with the higher education, research and innovation ministry facing a €180 million cut.
                                          Is this what you're talking about? It's not even close to 1% cash cut. Not sure that's going to propose a flight to the FN.
                                          Last edited by Tubby Isaacs; 24-12-2017, 15:37.

Comment

And cue Windsor...

Trump's business loses tax relief on Turnberry business

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-42472775

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                                              https://sciencebusiness.net/news/803...to-2017-budget

Is this what you're talking about? It's not even close to 1% cash cut. Not sure that's going to propose a flight to the FN.
                                              Well, obviously scientists aren't going to vote FN, I'm just pointing out that EM is smoke and mirrors.

Comment

I think that's unfair here. As far as I can see there's a tiny cash cut to a budget that includes science but also lots more. Is there even a "science budget" that he directly controls? Putting the full weight of the presidency behind something is a bit more than a "photo op" too.

Comment

This is good, on the Democrat's being blindsided by their obsession with the Russians and Trump.

https://www.lrb.co.uk/v40/n01/jackso...ussian-hacking

Comment

The President and his team keep lying and deflecting, so they have to keep on. Plus Republicans are trying to get rid of Mueller, so it's a major rule of law issue.

Politicians always like this sort of issue- it's not like you have to make a big cash commitment when you say you'll avoid this sort of shit, so it's a freeby. Maybe that can lead you to concentrate too much on it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X