No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also can't work out how "business income" and "non-corporate business" are different, so I'm clearly being an idiot today./

Comment

Non-corporate business income refers to income from a pass through vehicle such as an LLC

I share GYs bewilderment as to how they got their rate so low to start with.

Comment

I can only imagine there's some weird double counting going on, so that for instance corporate tax on the business/pass-through income isn't being counted on the before side, but the changes to those are being counted after.

Comment

It would be sadly typical of the entire process if in concocting the least plausible, most favourable example possible, they screwed up basic maths.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
            https://www.politico.eu/article/dona...of-35-percent/

35% approval with CNN. If the blue collar base clock what's happened with the tax cuts, he could be in Paul Hardcastle territory.
            Trump's approval rating in the Rust Belt states have flipped by about 20-30 points since he took office. I think the Obama-to-Trump voters have long, long since bailed.

Comment

Dianne Feinstein had a tweet in opposition to the tax plan that isn't much better when it comes to logic or understanding what economically insecure people are worrying about:

https://twitter.com/SenFeinstein/status/942454012711964673

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                Trump's approval rating in the Rust Belt states have flipped by about 20-30 points since he took office. I think the Obama-to-Trump voters have long, long since bailed.
                The guy who did that "19" song?

Comment

Inca, I'm just amazed that an 84 year old can tweet

Comment

That Feinstein tweet is pretty terrible. First, worrying about people who are buying the mean-priced house. And second, worrying about the pitifully small interest deduction on the $5000 for people who buy a house for $755k. I increasingly understand why Democrats are thinking she's a bit out of touch and useless.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                      Non-corporate business income refers to income from a pass through vehicle such as an LLC
                      Then what does "business income" refer to? Do we have a family earning $60k a year with shareholdings that bring in $25k in divvies?

Comment

Speaking of dodgy financial statements by senators...

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                          The guy who did that "19" song?
                          N-n-n-n-Nineteen, yeah.

We also had a parody over here about cricket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3bl4xaFZMM

Probably not a hit in America.

Like the idea of a Trump parody.

In 1918, the US president's approval rating was 55
                          In 2018, it was n-n-n-n-Nineteen.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                            Populism, eh!

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                              That Feinstein tweet is pretty terrible. First, worrying about people who are buying the mean-priced house. And second, worrying about the pitifully small interest deduction on the $5000 for people who buy a house for $755k. I increasingly understand why Democrats are thinking she's a bit out of touch and useless.
                              she is old enough to remember Roosevelt's fireside chats. She was 36 when Neil armstrong walked on the moon. She was 9 years old when Barrack Obama's mother was born. She is the same age as Michael Heseltine, and older than Johnny Haynes. What do people expect?

Comment

How can that be? On her twitter page photo she looks about forty.

Comment

she was 40 during the first oil crisis.

Of course senators are out of touch. Nearly one if five of them are too old to be baby boomers.

Comment

The finish line for running for public office should end at sixty, maybe even a couple of years sooner. You've got no business planning your grandkids' world for them.

Comment

But but, the experience they’ll bring!

Comment

Sure that's valid, but you don't need to hold elected office to offer experience, knowledge or wisdom. There are loads of other ways.

Comment

Yeah, I think it’s mostly a crock of shit as well. Please tell me Sanders won’t run in 2020. It’ll be a terrible comment on the paucity of talent in the Dems, and “the left” in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                            Sure that's valid, but you don't need to hold elected office to offer experience, knowledge or wisdom. There are loads of other ways.
                                            That, plus that "experience" brings as much bad as good, because it includes old favors to be paid off to lobbyists, old grudges, and old ideas whose time has past.

Besides, as we've found out recently, the various "traditions" and "norms" of congress don't count for anything any more and will have to be ensconced into law if they're to be kept. So the wisdom and "civility" that's supposed to come with experience - and perhaps used to - doesn't count for much in Trumpistan.

Besides, the important "institutional knowledge" that keeps the government running comes as much from advisers, legislative staff, and most importantly, the non-political staff of the agencies, as it does from the legislators themselves. Both sides like to demonize "unelected bureaucrats," but anyone whose had much real contact with government knows that they're the ones who really do all the real work and know which ideas work and which don't. Both sides like to defer to the opinion of military personnel - at least when it suits their interest - but politicians rarely given any respect whatsoever to the people who do equivalent jobs in all the non-DOD departments and agencies.

Comment

There must be at least one "new Obama" the Dems can launch in 2020. There's one very fucking obvious one staring us in the face and she's even got the name.

Comment

It sounds like you’d have to rewrite her brain before she’d agree to stand for public office but. I’m just terrified the idiot Dems are really going to angle Chelsea for the Senate or good Christ no the VP ticket.

Comment

O'Malley seems to be going for it. I wanted him last time.

Comment

Michelle is a great fantasy but Dynasties aren’t really a good idea. And I’d say folk are sick of them. Look at Jeb! In the Primaries, and the way Hillary depressed the Dem vote with key demographics. She’d win a lot of them back to the polling booth cause apart from her skin colour she’d just be a fantastic non compromised candidate, but then there’s the racism among “Independents”. And more importantly (cause it will be a legitimate as oppposed to shady whispered Repub attack line) the dynasty making smell.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X