Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't worry, going to sleep soon.

I think Trump might get off on a technicality, but, fairly sure, he won't be impeached. He WILL, but he won't.

'These guys'? (Don't have the interrobang on my keyboard, and pretty sure that I am fucking sick of this. What happened to "We Win"?

I think I might be Dewey.

I think my keyboard is trying to dell me the tifference bedween a tuck and a fank.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
      Roy Moore still not conceding. In similar spirit, Joe Root's not conceded the 2nd test yet.
      I've had more than enough of you, Tubby. Leave your electric 'theogard' on the fence with your stuff. You are the fence. And, I despise/hate/love/not sure/maybe, I dunno/oh, he's ok/nah, wait/... type thing

Is there cricket on?

Cos, that means there's barbecue.And Matthew McConaughey (optional)
      Last edited by Gerontophile; 13-12-2017, 17:18.

Comment

Angus MacFadyean.

Not many questions anymore.... although, shitty tirades have their place.

Comment

Unfortunately, I can see *Mr Trey Gowdy, becoming President of the United States.

*For our alternative viewers, think "Jake Busey" with less bomby-Contact thing.

**And, it would be fucking poetic justice, if Mr Cicilline, were to say ,
          Last edited by Gerontophile; 13-12-2017, 17:28.

Comment

Justice Kennedy previously said that while he hadn't yet seen a case in which "political gerrymandering"* was so egregious as to be unconstitutional, he would not rule out the possibility that such a case could exist (this position distinguishes him from the other four "conservative" justices).

The Wisconsin case is as good a case as we are likely to get, with very significant social science support (which Roberts grandstandingly dismissed as “sociological gobbledygook” at oral argument).

There is genuine doubt as to how Kennedy is going to vote. I wouldn't bet anything on it (other than the future of the Republic), but it is by no means a lost cause.

Flynnie, I don't think we really disagree on strategy. I do think that reminding educated white women of just what Moore had done (not only the paedophilia, but his entire record) was a key element in getting enough of them to stay home or write in someone else. At the same time, I fully recognise that this was the weirdest US Senate election that anyone has seen for a long time.

*"political gerrymandering" is subject to a lesser degree of constitutional scrutiny than "racial gerrymandering" because it is seen as not prejudicing a "protected class". This leads to the absurd situation in which two identical maps could face different fates if one was shown to have been designed to put all of the black people in a few districts, while the other was designed to put all the Democrats in the same districts.
            Last edited by ursus arctos; 13-12-2017, 17:37.

Comment

Pennsylvania. Good chance of a redrawn map for 2018?

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pe...-20171211.html
              Monte Carlo probability simulations. Wonder what Roberts will make of that. "Scientific gobbledygook"

Comment

Roberts is a lost cause.

Kennedy is the only one who matters.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                  Justice Kennedy previously said that while he hadn't yet seen a case in which "political gerrymandering"* was so egregious as to be unconstitutional, he would not rule out the possibility that such a case could exist (this position distinguishes him from the other four "conservative" justices).
                  I thought that Kennedy had said he hadn't seen a quantitative way to determine what qualified as egregious gerrymandering, so there was no way to create a judicial standard to enforce. It wasn't that he hadn't seen unconstitutional gerrymandering, but that as there was no way to measure it, it would either be unenforceable or every redistricting could end up in the courts.

Wisconsin is interesting because they have created a usable metric.

Comment

I think he may well have said both things.

His vote will turn on wether he finds the metric convincing.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                      The real bafflingly incomprehensible Gero is back! Shoots right back to the top of the "Poster most likely to write something which you have no idea what it means" league table

(Current top 4:

1. Gero
                      2. Lang Spoon
                      3. Guy Profumo
                      4. Duncan Gardner )
                      I want some of Gero’s legal dispensary herbiage. Confident I’d get back on the top spot nae bother.

Comment

CNN‏Verified account
                        @CNN
                        Roy Moore’s campaign spokesman says Muslims shouldn’t be in US Congress because they have to swear on the Bible. He responds with silence, mouth agape, when @jaketapper informs him that’s not the case
                        Good Lord. I know I shouldn't be suprised.

Comment

Jeez.

Doug Jones won 2/3 of non-evangelical college whites. Obviously, Moore was spectacularly shit, but that's ominous for a few Republicans in states without all that many evangelicals.

Comment

From the Guardian:

Perez said Democrats have a real shot at winning Senate seats in Arizona and Tennessee, where the Republican senators are retiring after clashes with Trump, as well as in Nevada, where the Republican senator is being challenged from the right by a candidate aligned closely with the president.
                            No. It's Danny Tarkanian.

Comment

CNN‏Verified account
                              @CNN
                              Roy Moore’s campaign spokesman says Muslims shouldn’t be in US Congress because they have to swear on the Bible. He responds with silence, mouth agape, when @jaketapper informs him that’s not the case
                              Good Lord. I know I shouldn't be suprised.
                              It's worth watching -

Comment

Does he even get what a fool he looks?

CNN are good at that sort of stuff, probing some loon's stupidity, then just leaving it there because they know their viewers get the point. Probably the best way to deal with people like that, who are too stupid to argue with.

Talking of which, and a tangent, James O'Brien v IDS from a few years ago is worth checking out.

Comment

Moore still hasn't conceded. Probably never will.

I feel cheated. He needs to be up on a platform standing next to a buckethead.

Comment

Moore won't concede. He and the Republicans are going to spin it as a conspiracy by the Washington elite which needs to be counteracted by whichever paranoid means necessary.

Comment

It's already happening.

...tainted by over $50 million from outside groups who want to retain power and their corrupt ideology.
                                      Abortion, sodomy and materialism have taken the place of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
                                      As bad as British politics is, this mad-eyed cunt wouldn't have got even a sniff of an endorsement from any of our major political parties, never mind the leader of of the country.
                                      Last edited by Sean of the Shed; 14-12-2017, 20:37.

Comment

If we had open primaries, some of the EU Parliament Kippers could likely have got a safe Tory seat. But yeah, they'd not have got an endorsement from the PM.

Comment

The Alabama Republicans have basically conceded. Moore having lost one of the safest seats in the country, is likely going to look lonely.

Comment

It's been the political equivalent of the bullshit rodeo, hasn't it, and after a year of plumbing new depths Trump finally found the big jolt that manage to throw off some of the staunchest GOP voters.

Comment

There are likely a few more Moores on the horizon for next year. They won't get the attention they did if there are lots of elections, but they likely won't help. When these Senate seats were up in 2012, the Republicans likely squandered two red state senate seats by having Tea Party fools win the primaries.

Comment

Do you not think they might put a bit more thought into the selection process, seeing as one of their safest states was lost because of the toxicity of the man they put up? Having said that, it was likely the child molestation accusations that turned people off rather than the bible thumping and bigotry.

Comment

You mean individual Republicans choosing their candidates? I suppose Moore might make a few think. Then again most of them really like Trump.

Comment

Hahey!

Michael McDonald‏
                                                    @ElectProject
                                                    Follow Follow @ElectProject
                                                    Alabama SoS @JohnHMerrill just said on @CNN that today's turnout will be low. Simply not what we're seeing in special elections this year, and this is an unusual one. Bordering on malpractice to give this guidance to local election officials who should prepare for higher turnout

Comment

Working...
                                                    X