Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    Assuming that it is actually enacted, the “value” of the benefit to any particular household is going to be dependent on how much they invest, where they live, and their particular tax posture at the time the funds are withdrawn. And that assumes that the entire school population would participate, which is certainly not the case now.

It isn’t like a rebate, voucher or credit, in which the whole population gets the same fixed sum.
    Ah right, I get that, thanks.

Can "homeschoolers" pay other people as tutors, that's what I was getting at really?

Comment

Not under the current understanding of the term.

You could, however, shoot a video and sell it to them.

Comment

Cheers. No further questions, your honour.

Comment

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
          I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies.
          It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!
          5:14 PM - Dec 2, 2017
          Don't tell him, Pike.

Comment

The Virginia House is still going. 51-49 Republican lead, with 2 recounts and 1 lawsuit over the wrong ballots being sent out.

Comment

I wonder how many Trump aides took to the bottle after that last tweet.

Comment

It would sink anyone else but this is Teflon Trump. Ryan and Mitch will just shrug it off - "Tut ,tut, he knew Flynn lied to the fucking FBI but still told Comey to back off, but what can you do?"
                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 02-12-2017, 22:21.

Comment

There's a theory that I begin to subscribe to, that they'll back Trump until the tax cuts get passed, and then it'll get messier. They need their corporate tax cuts: basically, that's the only reason they exist. Trump isn't proposing anything else legislative. Ryan and Mitch know they won't achieve anything else. Once Trump signs the tax bill, they have no more use for him. So, at that point they begin to pretend to act like normal senators and congresspeople, pushing constitutional norms, to try and carve out a safer place for themselves and pretend they were always acting for the public good. Basically, once Trump signs the tax law, he has no leverage over them any more.

Comment

Team Trump blaming the tweet on his lawyer.

Comment

There's a lot to be said for that, but I think that they will be very careful about pulling the trigger before the midterms, absent horrific polling or something else that will force their hand.

One can attribute Bannon's threats about full court press release challenges to be an attempt to convince them of that particular calculus.

Comment

Yes. I think from Tax Bill Passing to November, they'll just be a little more vocal about due process and all that stuff, without actually attacking. If the mid-terms are disastrous, they'll double down super-fast. After tax, Trump only exists (for the Republican party) as electoral asset or liability, not as a functional president.

Comment

The tweet doesn't even prove that Trump knew Flynn lied to the FBI. Trump is constantly lying all the time. He lives in his own reality. He probably read somewhere that Flynn lied to the FBI, so now he's boasting about how that's why he fired him. The guy is all over the shop. Which is why he is so easy to manipulate.

Comment

Trump still has a lot of leverage because of his base. He could start issuing primary challenges that would scare the shit out of moderates. I think he survives to the end of 2018 on that basis. The calculus then becomes how to approach 2020, where in theory they could suffer a clean sweep of Pres, House and Senate all going Dem.

Comment

Tim Scott is a pretty formidable bullshitter. The Budget people have a faulty model that they've not adjusted for globalization.

Comment

Had heard the GOP were masters of gerrymandering, but the Texan version puts Stormont in the ha'penny place:

https://mobile.twitter.com/lcmoser/s...32164907163648

Comment

ABC retracts the story which claimed that sources revealed that Trump had instructed Flynn to make contact with the Russians as a candidate. Cue very obvious crowing "Fake News" tweet from the presidential throne.

Comment

The Republicans used to complain that Obamacare was rushed through congress.

Comparison of Obamacare and TaxScam timelines:
                                    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQLIOv1XUAAcnpU.jpg:large

Comment

Trump's lawyer attempts to take the fall for the tweet sacrificing his career

'Doesn't make sense': incredulity as Trump lawyer seeks to take blame for Flynn tweet

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...or-flynn-tweet

I'll say this for Trump he either inspires ridiculous loyalty or he only employs people over whom he has some form of leverage

Comment

https://twitter.com/markfollman/status/937536235538542592?s=09

Comment

Fuck I give up. It was a good cartoon

Comment

This is unusually frank from a member of major newspaper's editorial board.

Full piece from the Houston Chronicle

Comment

Great bit of shouting near an aircraft by Trump there. Something about Hilary Clinton lying to the FBI, so it's OK Flynn did.

Comment

I fired the head of the FBI who was investigating Flynn.
                                                Flynn is a good man who did nothing wrong.
                                                I fired Flynn because he lied to Pence.
                                                I fired the incompetent Flynn who lied to the FBI.
                                                Just as well we got rid of Obama official Flynn.
                                                My lawyer said that I fired the incompetent Flynn who lied to the FBI.
                                                Flynn lied to the FBI, just like Crooked Hillary, but now poor Flynn's life will be ruined.

Perhaps the tactic is to give Muller so much shit to investigate that he won't be finished before 2030.

Comment

The travel ban is back apparently.

Comment

thanks to the majority in the Supreme court

Comment

Working...
                                                    X