Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not been confirmed. Yet.

Yeah, I should probably read that ABC Tweeted that.

They better be correct.

Comment

Zoinks Scoob!!
      Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 01-12-2017, 16:28.

Comment

Brian Ross is pretty good, and I don't think that ABC would go out with that unless they had solid confirmation.

NYT:

Mr. Flynn is the fourth Trump associate to be charged. He was accused of making false statements to F.B.I. agents about two discussions with the Russian ambassador to the United States, Sergey I. Kislyak. Lying to the F.B.I. carries a penalty of up to five years in prison.

In one of the conversations described in court documents, the men discussed an upcoming United Nations Security Council vote on whether to condemn Israel’s building of settlements. At the time, the Obama administration was preparing to allow a Security Council vote on the matter.

Mr. Mueller’s investigators have learned through witnesses and documents that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel asked the Trump transition team to lobby other countries to help Israel, according to two people briefed on the inquiry. Investigators have learned that Mr. Flynn and Mr. Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared Kushner, took the lead in those efforts. Mr. Mueller’s team has emails that show Mr. Flynn saying he would work to kill the vote, the people briefed on the matter said.

In the other discussion, according to court documents, Mr. Flynn asked Mr. Kislyak that Moscow refrain from escalating the situation in response to sanctions announced by the Obama administration that day against Russia over its interference in the presidential election.

Comment

Without looking at Twitter, ABC would need to have proof to put on TV. If you put that out, you better back it up.

Unless it's from Flynn, or Mueller, or someone who is willing to say it on TV, it will be construed as Fake News.

How is Roy Moore doing at the moment?

Comment

NYT says he pleaded guilty.

Comment

I am not denying any of that. The important bit is at the end. He is prepared to testify against... They need that on film.

*Sorry, I meant disputing.

Comment

Originally posted by antoine polus View Post
                NYT says he pleaded guilty.
                Your owl was slow.

Comment

Roy Moore is ahead again.

Comment

White House calls Flynn "Obama admin official".

Comment

So: life goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post

How is Roy Moore doing at the moment?
                        Last few polls have him up by about 5%, which is a reversion back to the previous numbers as people forget the news and Trump piles in to back him. It's close enough that it could still be a turnout and motivation election.

But in reality, expect Moore to win.

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Memphis was another one that came to mind.
                            Tennessee is really quite different from Wisconsin is that it is much less homogenous (ethnically, economically, culturally).

There are three recognised parts of the state, which are reflected in the three stars on the state's seal and flag, each of which has its own major university and political traditions. Memphis is the centre of western Tennessee, which is very much focused on the Mississippi River, but has very little to the Eastern part of the state (focused on Knoxville and Asheville, NC) or Middle Tennessee, which is centered on Nashville. They are also three very distinct media markets.

Comment

Tenneesee for a long time had a real tri-partite political system with liberals and moderates making up a much bigger slice of the population than other Southern states. In addition, the GOP actually held seats in Congress, since the hill folks were devout unionists.

Comment

Plus a genuine dynastic family in the Gores, and now a relatively well off Native American population in the Smokies.

It is a really interesting state.

Comment

so presumably Trump will respond by turning up the heat, and retaliating, and try to hide the news by turning up the fascism. He doesn't really have any option. The moment he stops making the situation more unpleasant and aggressive and hateful, is the moment when he is dead in the water.

What does he have to do to try and start the process of firing Mueller, Fire rosenstein is it?

Comment

Someone needs to bring down the whole of Twitter for a sustained period. Those wanks in the Guy Fawkes masks should get working on it, would drive Trump over the edge, force the Deep State into either a coup or working for full on Fash. Either way things would reach a conclusion.

Comment

Well, I dunno about you, but in my lifetime, I've never experienced this amount of emotion about anything so important, and not personal, as this.

*Including the Scotland one, which pissed me right off, but I didn't get to vote, so fuck it.

**And I realise how ironic that last one is, now that I choose and hope to live in a country where I won't be able to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                                        Tenneesee for a long time had a real tri-partite political system with liberals and moderates making up a much bigger slice of the population than other Southern states. In addition, the GOP actually held seats in Congress, since the hill folks were devout unionists.
                                        That’s interesting, did the Poor Whites of the Tennessee hills see through the Antebellum elite bullshit that kept them almost as fucked as the slaves?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                          Well, I dunno about you, but in my lifetime, I've never experienced this amount of emotion about anything so important, and not personal, as this.

*Including the Scotland one, which pissed me right off, but I didn't get to vote, so fuck it.

**And I realise how ironic that last one is, now that I choose and hope to live in a country where I won't be able to vote.
                                          Yeah, between this and Brexit I’ve never been so full of inchoate rage and despair.

Comment

Analysis by Nate Silver

And by James Comey

“But let justice roll down like waters and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream” Amos 5:24

Comment

Yeah, I saw that Nef. That was some nice trolling.

Comment

Tennessee looks fascinating. I see its two Senators didn't sign the Southern Manifesto after Brown v The Board of Education.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                                  Analysis by Nate Silver

And by James Comey
                                                  It's 538, but not Nate Silver. Perry Bacon Jnr, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                    Plus a genuine dynastic family in the Gores, and now a relatively well off Native American population in the Smokies.

It is a really interesting state.
                                                    I would really have loved to see that Kevin spacey movie about Gore Vidal. At the very least, it would have been interesting

Comment

Working...
                                                    X