No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's 755 "diplomatic staff", which is rather different from diplomats.

I would expect that at least half of them are Russian nationals. The US has never had 755 "diplomats" in Russia or the USSR

Comment

He can't expel Russian nationals though can he? And that's the term used.

Comment

Does he have to tell Putin off now? Or is he busy with Sessions?

Comment

I've just read that Mike Pence expanded Medicaid in Indiana. Negotiated a particular approach but even so. Do the "holdout" governors not get asked why they can't do it?

Comment

Unrelated question. I know a bit about Federal farm subsidies. But do states pay subsidies over and above that?

Comment

Scaramucci has been sacked.

That didn't last long.

Comment

Weren't all the runes readers confident that Trump doesn't like to sack people? He's burning through his Administration at a rate of knots.

Comment

But he hasn't sacked any of these guys personally.

He always has a flunky do it (new Chief of Staff Kelly in this case).

45 sacked Priebus by tweet seconds after Reince had left Air Force 1 and then waited until they drove the guy away before he deplaned.

Comment

It is interesting. I imagine Kelly could be good at sacking people, but that doesn't explain Priebus. Everyone prior to Priebus quit, and wasn't actually sacked.

Comment

classy

Comment

Everyone prior to Priebus quit, and wasn't actually sacked.
                        You must mean within the West Wing.

Bharra, Comey and Sally Yates certainly were sacked.

Comment

Will be interesting to see what happens to Mooch now.

Does he go to Fox or Sinclair? Does he wait until regulatory approval for the sale of his hedge fund goes through?

The divorce isn't going to be cheap.

Comment

Please god he fires Perry (though doubtless the replacement will be equally awful) soon, that Vanity Fair article on the DoE is giving me the shits.

Comment

This is less an administration than a Grouse shoot. The upheaval for the people who work for these people must be intolerable.

Comment

Yes and no.

Mooch never got his security clearance, for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                  You must mean within the West Wing.

Bharra, Comey and Sally Yates certainly were sacked.
                                  Sacking people who he didn't appoint is not quite the same thing.

Comment

The Mooch was a brilliant pinch hitter. Came in for one inning, hit an RBI double and then get caught on a steal by falling on his face.

Comment

It's like Bizarro World Tubbs and his cricket analogies. Just smile politely and back away.

Comment

Haha - well, it is the measure of his achievements in 10 days. It is truly stunning.

- Got rid of Spicer
                                        - Got rid of Priebus
                                        - Called Bannon out for self-fellatio
                                        - missed his child's birth
                                        - got served divorce papers
                                        - got fired himself

That is the most anyone has achieved in this whole administration and he did it in ten days between Memorial Day and Labor Day, when *nothing* typically happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                          It's like Bizarro World Tubbs and his cricket analogies. Just smile politely and back away.
                                          The corridors of uncertainty.

Sorry, sorry.

Comment

Fucking hell that's really a cricket term. It's not a sport, it's a description and passion play of the pathology of the middle class English male.

Comment

Yesterday I made a gag about "The Mooch" on Facebook, captioning a pic with the legend "Zoolander 3: The White House Weeks". I smugly thought I'd be able to revive the pic by around August 21, bragging about my powers of prescience. Turns out, I have no powers of prescience at all.

Comment

CNN saying Kelly called Comey after he was sacked, saying he'd resign in solidarity. Comey said not to.

Nice of Kelly to get this story out there.

Comment

The Mooch managed to be sacked 16 days before his official start date.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                                    Haha - well, it is the measure of his achievements in 10 days. It is truly stunning.

- Got rid of Spicer
                                                    - Got rid of Priebus
                                                    - Called Bannon out for self-fellatio
                                                    - missed his child's birth
                                                    - got served divorce papers
                                                    - got fired himself
                                                    Are points four and five on that list interconnected?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X