No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the Obamacare repeal failed. But no worry, there are plenty of other ways to kill poor people. Plan B:

Washington, DC – The Trump Administration today formally proposed withdrawing the Clean Water Rule, which protects the drinking water sources for one in three Americans. The inclusion of the proposal in the Federal Register triggers a 30-day public comment period.

Comment

45s Twitter rants this morning are trying to shame McConnell into abandoning the filibuster.

Comment

I like the way that his tweets always seem to lapse into Chinglish t-shirt slogans. Though GET SMART! makes me think of a man talking to his shoe.

Comment

Saturday morning's are often the best because Jared and Ivanka can't use electronic devices.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
            I like the way that his tweets always seem to lapse into Chinglish t-shirt slogans. Though GET SMART! makes me think of a man talking to his shoe.
            Laughing like a drain at that.

Comment

Firing Preibus matters insofar as it eliminates the last vestiges of what was once a GOP Establishment wing in the White House that was tasked with working with the Republicans in Congress. They're all gone, now, and 45 seems to think he's better off relying on tweets, threats and Fox.

Comment

Fantastic TV series, on youtube.

Comment

Imagine how much the GOP would have been screaming had Obama applied pressure on Congress to take away the filibuster.

Comment

Have they cast the movie yet?

Comment

What, Fox?

Yeah, Peter Vaughan in the main role.

Comment

No, 45, The Motion Picture. It would have to be Alec Baldwin, surely?

Comment

.45: Trigger Happy

But who will direct it? I can't stand Oliver Stone.

Comment

David Zucker?

Comment

Does this have legs?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b02a8434b63e5a

Chinese investors paying over the odds for Mooch's hedge fund because he can do them favours with Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by antoine polus View Post
                                .45: Trigger Happy

But who will direct it? I can't stand Oliver Stone.
                                Mike Judge

Make it a prequel to Idiocracy.
                                Last edited by Cal Alamein; 30-07-2017, 15:14.

Comment

I used to muddle up Mike Judge and Matt Drudge.

Comment

heh heh heh heh

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                      No, 45, The Motion Picture. It would have to be Alec Baldwin, surely?
                                      Should there be some plea deal, I would hope The Dizzle would act in his own movie.

Comment

She wore a shirt, violent green
                                        I couldn't understand

She sounds like the police officers in Idiocracy, doesn't she.

Comment

Tubbs, we don't know enough about the Chinese/Mooch deal yet, but it certainly sounds like the kind of thing he would have tried to do.

That said, the reported sale price (which isn't public) was somewhat below his initial ask (though one would expect him to start high).

The allegations aren't going to help with the required clearance of the transaction, either.

Comment

How is one supposed to put a price on a hedge fund? Particularly since so many of them seem to be based on the pretence of having some sort of secret sauce?

Comment

There are metrics the industry uses for valuation purposes, but it isn't at all an exact science.

Mooch's was/is a "fund of funds", so he isn't/wasn't claiming any special sauce of his own, but rather his ability to identify others who had some.

Comment

a fund of funds? so basically he's an overpriced broker of sorts? That should narrow down the range a bit, but surely the uncertainty is enough to drive a coach and four through the gap.

Comment

That's why it would be interesting to know what the other bids were, assuming that there were other bids.

Comment

Putin expels 755 US diplomats.

Oh, what to tweet... what to tweet!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X