No announcement yet.

Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reportedly he used to do this on the record to Wall Street reporters all the time, but none of them would quote him verbatim.

Lizza and Remnick are national heroes.

Comment

That's absolutely mental.

Comment

Why doesn't Ryan promise that he'll not pass the bill, and pass it anyway with a couple of cosmetic changes?

Comment

He can't make any changes without it going to conference

Comment

So he has to promise it will go to Conference?

Comment

Some wag has suggested they should stick Single Payer on to the Bill, so it has to go to Conference.

Comment

See also suggestions that it give millions to Planned Parenthood

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                  So he has to promise it will go to Conference?
                  But it appears that quite a lot of senators don't think Ryan (or the Freedom Caucus) are trustworthy. And I suspect that Ryan probably believes that a conference bill can't pass both the house and senate. So he might try and pass this...

Comment

Especially if 45 starts tweeting about what a win it is

Comment

Ha ha ha.

If you ignore the fact millions of lives are at stake.

Comment

Christopher Hayes‏Verified account
                        @chrislhayes
                        If these people were black, lots of white people would be talking about how black people can't govern for the rest of eternity.

Comment

Olivia Nuzzi‏
                          @Olivianuzzi
                          Follow
                          More
                          Anthony Scaramucci tells me his statement will be coming shortly.

Comment

But the call was last night.

And he isn't close to having a security clearance.

The statement didn't make it out of the ambulance:

I sometimes use colorful language. I will refrain in this arena but not give up the passionate fight for @realDonaldTrump's agenda. #MAGA

Comment

This administration (if that's the right term) really is the gift that keeps on giving.

Comment

A bit ironic that it will be the singular legislative achievement of Trump's first six months.

Comment

"Passion". Like a footballer who commits an awful foul shows passion.

Comment

I'd missed this.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
                                    @realDonaldTrump
                                    Sadly, because president Obama has done such a poor job as president, you won't see another black president for generations!
                                    12:15 am - 25 Nov 2014

Comment

God is trolling Jon Stewart for retiring early.

Comment

Hopefully we won't see another orange President for a while.

Comment

I'm afraid that Boehner will be tanned, rested and ready

Say what you will about the man, but he knew when to get out of Dodge.

Comment

Every time I see Scaramucci on the box he looks a little bit more like Derek Zoolander.

His interview with Emily Maitlis on Newsnight was, er, quite fascinating. He doesn't actually ever stop talking, though to be fair you can interrupt him fairly easily.

It's here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-4...ia-and-chicken

Mercifully, the interview with Scaramucci replaced the planned one with Sebastian Gorka, who takes some beating in the irritating tosser stakes, or at least I hope he will.
                                            Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 28-07-2017, 00:18.

Comment

It seems like the Republican Senators are probably going to pass "Skinny Repeal" but are freaking out that the House freedom caucus will support it on its own. Ryan has said it will go to conference, but there's nothing he can do if his members just vote for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                                Mercifully, the interview with Scaramucci replaced the planned one with Sebastian Gorka, who takes some beating in the irritating tosser stakes, or at least I hope he will.

Ah, Mister Chapo! Take a zipline down to the Jefferson Memorial, and let us have a meeting of the minds!

Comment

Looks very much that it will pass the Senate

God have mercy on their souls

Comment

This will be the most cowardly political action I have ever seen, with murderous consequences.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X