Trump's Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't know Jeffrey Lord? Oh my.

Whiny RWNJ who is paid by CNN to support Trump no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
      He's the Father Coughlin we deserve. Is that Linklater director guy still supportive?
      Haven't seen any call to boycott, so who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
        You don't know Jeffrey Lord? Oh my.

Whiny RWNJ who is paid by CNN to support Trump no matter what.
        I'd luckily never had the pleasure.

I see he's a charmer from his Wiki.

Comment

RWNJ? Right Wing Nazi Jackass?

Comment

Right wing nut job.

Comment

The DNC emails acted to dampen what was already pretty damp enthusiasm for clinton, and combined with Comey enabled Trump and the republicans to point to Scandal, and create a false equivalence between the two. Imaginary Bullshit like Benghazi was only going to get them so far, they needed other stuff to completely dispirit enough people.

Comment

Jeffrey Lord is the guy Anderson Cooper got in trouble over for saying he'd defend Trump if he took a dump on his desk. And yet he's a fucking paid contributor to CNN.

Comment

I don't know if Junior is in legal jeopardy unless he has lied under oath at some point. But he must be toast as a political asset now that that he has been humiliated so openly.

45 meanwhile is still fucking Teflon despite zero credibility within his own Congressional party.

Lord is rather a knowing liar in his role. He indicates it is a game. Whereas some of the other surrogates who pop up seem to convince themselves their lies are plausible, like Holocaust deniers and other conspiracy theorists are prone to do; see Kayleigh McE, if she's still going (I switched off around mid-October 2016). But the Clinton robots on there were also chillingly operating in an alternate universe last year, oblivious to the coming train wreck.

Comment

In the Renaissance, she would be off to a posh covent

Perhaps he can find some kind of Kabbalistic Modern Orthodox equivalent

Junior hasn't lied under oath yet, though he may well have ioFederal campaign finance law,

Comment

Lord is rather a knowing liar in his role. He indicates it is a game.
                      Which is why it's so infuriating that CNN keep him on the payroll, or even just have him as a go-to contributor. If you don't like the fake news label, maybe stop paying charlatans to appear on your news network.

Comment

It's appalling, and characteristic of Jeff Zucker's complicity.

They built a studio for him at his spread in Pennsylvania and regularly ferry him back and forth to NYC in a limo.

Comment

Lord got lucky because Trump was a joke candidate when Lord started trolling for him. Somehow CNN decided that even when Trump became a serious candidate, they would not change the rules and start asking Lord some questions that did not allow an easy dodge; or force Trump to change his own game. Thus CNN became Fox-lite, even on Cooper's show.

Cooper must have some serious cognitive dissonance about continuing to work there. Reading AC's books, he is as serious a journalist as anyone on MSNBC, and could have inherited the mantle of past greats like Cronkite. Now he's serving up easy volleys for Trump liars.

Comment

The problem with that is, Satch, that there isn't really anywhere for *him to go.

I can't think of a single network news programme that is worth watching. (YOU FUCKING DARE UNDERLINE THE SPELLING OF 'PROGRAMME'?) And he is already at the 'best' cable network.

*Cooper

Comment

Gero's right.

The Murrow/Cronkite/Jennings role has gone the way of the dodo.

If we still have public television after our current nightmare, I can see him doing Charlie Rose's gig and periodic investigative specials for Frontline.

Comment

So, we now have our first set of Articles of Impeachment, as introduced by two rather anonymous Democratic backbenchers.

They will, of course, go absolutely nowhere.

Comment

The CNN anchor interviewing Lord rolled her eyes so much I expect she had to be taken to the New York equivalent of Moorfields.

Comment

I've learned today that if I ever get asked awkward questions I just say "I'm focused on healthcare reform".

Comment

Unless you're asked about healthcare reform, at which point you say "We need to move forward and focus on tax reform"

Comment

And then move onto Homeland Security and Protecting Our Values when the tax stuff gets awkward.

Comment

Basically Tubby, just do a Patrick Juvet, and you'll be grand.

Comment

I looked at the Lord dump on desk interview and it's clear that AC had just had enough by that point. It's impossible to interview someone who says that Trump's relationship with Putin is irrelevant.

Comment

Trump's greatest strategic move was his incessant and long-term campaign to ridicule the media and remove its impact on his base. CNN recently sacked journos who stuffed up, but continues to have as supposedly independent experts people, or representatives of the Trump administration, who outright lie. During the campaign most of the channels repeatedly gave air time to individuals who had lost any credibility whatsoever. In doing so they confirmed the impression Trump was all about creating - don't believe anything you see or hear.

Trump's very dangerous but he's not stupid.

Comment

Trump is being dropped by Piers Morgan. He is in trouble.

Comment

Does Piers Morgan hold a big influence over Trump's base, then?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                                    Does Piers Morgan hold a big influence over Trump's base, then?
                                                    Ha ha. Piers has a big hold on breakfast TV, if nothing else. If he can't get the guests without dropping Trump, I think that's great

Comment

Working...
                                                    X