Brexit new world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit new world

An Italian friend of mine has just accepted a professorship back in his native land, and so will be leaving London early next year.

Not only is he pig-sick of all the xenophobia on display in this fucking country over the last couple of years, the plummeting pound has made his mind up for him - six months ago accepting this job offer would have meant a 20% pay cut, but now he'll be on the same money in Milan as he'd have been on if he'd stayed here.

Comment

Brexit new world

Who the fuck racially abuses nurses?

Lang Spoon, Why not grapes? I was stunned to discover many years ago that Dundee is the centre of fruit growing and jam making in the UK.

Comment

Brexit new world

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: Who the fuck racially abuses nurses?

Lang Spoon, Why not grapes? I was stunned to discover many years ago that Dundee is the centre of fruit growing and jam making in the UK.
        Irish nurses at that, who have had the right to live and work in the UK since time immemorial.

Comment

Brexit new world

"Who the fuck racially abuses nurses?" Well, probably the same kind of people who abused terrified Jewish families in the streets in late 1930s Germany. Plenty of such people around, everywhere.

Anyway, let's all be more positive. Brexit is an enormous opportunity, according to John McDonnell.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/18/brexit-row-keir-starmer-john-mcdonnell-threatens-labour-truce?CMP=share_btn_tw

I seriously fucking hate John McDonnell with more passion than probably around half the fucking Tory Cabinet. Utter utter utter cunt.

Comment

Brexit new world

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: Who the fuck racially abuses nurses?

The east coast of Scotland makes for damn fine soft fruits, but strawberries etc don't require the coddling of vines. It doesn't rain like the west coast, but it can be bloody Baltic (I think grapes are only feasible on south facing slopes). The English wine I've had was...underwhelming. And those feckers in balmy Southern England don't think 20 degrees is taps aff weather. I dunno, maybe the soil is good for grapes and Fife wine will be great.

Thought racially abusing the Irish went away with the bombs. Fuck sake Blighty.

Comment

Brexit new world

Gerontophile wrote: With the upcoming Climate Change, the new wine industry will be a huge boon to everyone. However, we/you will have to import a fuckload of cheap labour to pick the grapes.
              Donald Trump has abolished climate change, so no worries.

Comment

Brexit new world

He has only abolished American climate change, so you'll still have to worry about the waft of carbon emissions emanating from the reburgeoning coal industry in Trumpsylvania, as you are drinking your top of the range chateau du Midden Raider.

Comment

Brexit new world

I've been thinking along the same lines as Doug Saunders. Except I looked at the G20. I might add Japan, Spain and Australia to his Group of Two, but then again I could be wrong. In any case it's looking mighty cold and lonely out there in the rest of the world.

Comment

Brexit new world

linus wrote: Brexit led to higher prices on imported goods, but on the flipside it will benefit UK exports and manufacturing, as seen above. The Pound will eventually recoup a lot of its drop due to the latter.
                    Clearly you have no idea about the current state of their manufacturing industry, or that their economy generally is driven by financial services.
                    The pound might recover after the Brexit-invoked recession that will surely follow once departure from the EU is ultimately completed, maybe as far away as 2020?

Noticed your anti-HRC posts in the US elections thread. Does this explain your EU-related myopia also?

Comment

Working...
                    X