Batley and Spen By-election.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do we know of the "independent" candidates?

(Other than the kipper who is defying his party in standing. Twat that he is)

One of them, Jack Buckby, is a prominent figure in the shrinking, increasingly-irrelevant far right, and has given an address in Yorkshire although he actually lives in New York.

Another has changed his name from Neil Humphrey to ANTI-Corbyn, and is standing for the English Democrats, the mob that idiot Doncaster folks voted for in a mayoral election a while back.

Comment

Aye.

I know who the English Democrats are, but Corbyn Anti (so he appears as ANTI, Corbyn on the ballot paper is on a different ticket)

It was the "independents" I was asking about.

Particularly Sir Patrick Mayhew's sprog.

Comment

Garry Kitchin is a local Green Party activist and former candidate, who has apparently gone rogue to stand as an independent "in the interests of democracy".

Paddy Mayhew's lad, The Hon. Henry Edmund Burke Mayhew (!) has a very low profile, but he did stand for UKIP, in West Ham in 2005, so in all likelihood he's yet another far right candidate.

His father became a good Tory in June this year, which passed me by.

Comment

Paddy Mayhew is no more?
          That's news to me too. A tragedy. No one could say the words 'Lagan Valley' like him. Guaranteed sore sides every time he did it.

And come on.
          Batley and Spen? That can't be real.

Comment

The Labour candidate seems an excellent sort.

She voted Corbyn last year and Smith this - thus left wing but critically minded and well placed to help heal the wounds of a divided party.

Comment

Working...
            X