No announcement yet.

Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it got further than the n1 (soviet moon rocket) and technically they blew it up. The footage of the cartwheels of death will look familiar to any person who has played kerbal space programme. They should have pressed the s key after takeoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
      https://toasteed.com/dk4mr1/punxavjo

Find out who your twitter twin is. I was happy with mine.
      Mine is the official account of the band Death Cab For Cutie. Which was a surprise at first, but I soon worked out why (my only recent tweet was to do with a benefit for a charity, and they have recently been running a raffle for the same charity).

Comment

https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/1649045802332073986?t=Rdp14F4WPvp6jjIC4LC6iw&s=19

Comment

Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now...oops.

Comment

A case of life imitating an episode of succession.

Comment

Pope Francis is among the first accounts to be deverified.

Comment

The replies to that tweet are mostly fawning. It's gross.

Humankind has had the technology to make rockets go up in the air and explode since the 13th century.

Comment

Eventually the fanboys and scanners (and the fanboys scammers) will be the only ones left

Comment

https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1649178541643235328?s=61&t=xvOireV8JOIS_CpbTtDBow

Comment

The sad bit about this is that Twitter was extremely useful for things like bushfire alerts, traffic conditions etc. There were also some really good little communities within it. As long as you knew how to manage your feed and avoid the nonsense it could be a decent experience.

Comment

Absolutely true

Comment

I guess they couldn’t make enough money on being useful.

I don't think it was ever particularly well-suited to that purpose either. When are we going to learn that these media companies - and all these Big Tech companies are really just media companies no matter how much they claim to be something new and revolutionary - are not our friends? They exist to sell our eyeballs to advertisers, just like TV and radio and newspapers and cave paintings did before.

I'm sure this will turn to trash too, but right now, it seems the best way to reach lots of people with useful information is through texts that they sign up for. About 85% of people on the planet have a smartphone.*

It's easy to turn off spam texts or stop getting them from some company or charity that sends you too many. And, crucially, there's nothing "social" about them. When I get a text from, for example, the Sierra Club, I'm not also presented the opinions of the 100 dumbest people on the planet to go with it.

It seems to me that wildfires ought to trigger the sort of alert that people in the area get whether they signed up for it or not. Like Amber Alerts.

I also get weather alerts, but those are from AccuWeather and I had to sign up for them.

*Some people don't have smartphones or cannot read texts, but it's easy now to set up an automated call system so that those people can get an actual phone call, probably with a robot voice, telling them about a wildfire, etc.
                          Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 21-04-2023, 16:39.

Comment

https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status/1649146273121857554?s=20

Comment

That Starship launchpad close up:

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                                The replies to that tweet are mostly fawning. It's gross.

Humankind has had the technology to make rockets go up in the air and explode since the 13th century.
                                As far as witless fanbases go, the Musk rats are right up there, and you know what, when you look at just how awful they all are can come to realise that Musk has created a hell all of his own, one he completely deserves, a court of nodding dogs laughing at his comedic output, where for me he resembles some kind of living, breathing Tim and Eric sketch, except they don't see it, and everybody is laughing, but nobody is sure why.

Comment

Muskrats?

Comment

Yes, seen it used as a term for the more zealous members of his flock.

Comment

Rats have much more advance cognitive skills

https://twitter.com/joeymannarinous/status/1649262376485568512?s=61&t=xvOireV8JOIS_CpbTtDBow

Comment

OHMYGOD, it BURNS! IT BURNS!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I clicked on it, the guys posted a video, and he looks nothing like he does in that pfp, he looks like that guys goofy younger bro.

Comment

He is a complete crank.

https://twitter.com/JoeyMannarinoUS/status/1649530422458560514?s=20

Comment

https://twitter.com/IJasonAlexander/status/1649280354103222272

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                                Gone

Was the one where he was bitching about being "shadow banned" despite having paid for Twitter.

Comment

He was basically claiming Elon is like one of the founding fathers but without the wigs and big pants. His life was changed by Donald Trump. Nothing like being a predictable mark.

Comment

Summer of George!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X