Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twitter

Guy Profumo wrote: For an object lesson in "how not to use Twitter® for a marketing campaign", check out Walker's Crisps #WalkersWave hashtag…
    I'm sure the girl abused by Adam Johnson thinks it's hilarious.

Comment

Twitter

For those of us who aren't twits, what's going on?

Comment

Twitter

I've never suggested it was funny

Comment

Twitter

Gangster Octopus wrote: For those of us who aren't twits, what's going on?
          Walkers ran a competition for you to send in a selfie which was automatically superimposed on a board waved by Gary Lineker in a video.

There was no moderation so inevitably people sent other faces in. I saw Fred West, Shipman, Saville and Rolf.

Somewhere in the office, a previously ignored nerd is muttering "I bloody told them so."

Comment

Twitter

I'd imagine the Walkers people are delighted given how much coverage this promotion has now had.

Comment

Twitter

There's a chance it could have turned into a toxic brand here.

Remember Ratner's?

Comment

Twitter

Ratner said his product was shit. Walkers have had their crisps plastered all over social media all day. I don't know if it's comparable.

Comment

Twitter

I briefly saw a picture of one of said videos being broadcast on big outdoor screens.

Comment

The nature writer Robert Macfarlane is a very excellent tweeter - https://twitter.com/RobGMacfarlane

Comment

I am mostly ignored on Twitter, probably because I'm linking to other stuff I've written (a bit like when I come on here, but now we have a fast board again I'm going to resume old lurking habits). Anyway, I have two handles: @PlenderleithIan and @RefereeTales. I once had a tweet 'liked' by Marc Almond, but only because I said in response to an interview he did with Simon Price that I always like reading interviews with Marc Almond. The most love I got was for sending out a picture of my Lincoln City hat, scarf and shirt on top of my travel bag before I flew over for the Brighton game. It got re-tweeted by the club, followed by lots of likes from Lincoln fans. So there's a lesson. Don't try and publicise your rancid books and writing - no one cares. But a pretty picture of a football scarf and hat? Yay!

Comment

The most likes I've had recently were for a sarcastic comment about a photo of Seamus Coleman leaning. I'm not exactly a master of Twitter.
                        Last edited by Crusoe; 16-06-2017, 08:20.

Comment

I recently got banned for 12 hours, but have no idea why.

As I generally only use Twitter to call people "cunts", that may have something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                            Don't try and publicise your rancid books and writing - no one cares. But a pretty picture of a football scarf and hat? Yay!
                            Despite the fact that social media accounted for a good portion of sales to non-Bury fans, I have to agree. I'm really struggling to sell the last few copies.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                              I recently got banned for 12 hours, but have no idea why.

As I generally only use Twitter to call people "cunts", that may have something to do with it.
                              Apparently any time you swear at a politician or other notable figure, Twitter automatically suspends your account for 12 hours. They're still cool with people sending Holocaust photos to Jewish politicians or celebs, though.

I don't swear when I reply to Mike Huckabee, I only mention one of his sons torturing a dog to death.

Comment

Meanwhile, down in the southwest...

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                  Curt Schilling (famous baseball pitcher, and Trump shill) has a Twitter account and his bio says:

5 words: Charming smile. Illuminating personality.
                                  I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Comment

Karma Cham... LION!

Comment

I have several followers who have blue ticks. I hope their expectations aren't too high.

Comment

I gave up because it was too addictive, having amassed about 150 followers.

I had my 15 minutes though. When Esther McVie tweeted during the Hillsborough service, I was one of the first to pile in with a snappy comment. I reckon I cost her Wirral West. I changed history. By her coming back in 2017 in Tatton, for life. She'd have never held Wirral West this time.

So, er, sorry about that.

Comment

I gave it up because it made me really fucking angry, on a daily basis. My "finest" hour was a response to Kirsty "fucking" Allsopp fawning about Clean for the Queen which garnered quite a few retweets and likes.

Plus a minor argument with the dickhead herself, which was entertaining for a few minutes.

Comment

If you're on Twitter for attention, you're doing it wrong. It's for finding things out. And depressing yourself.

And finding amusing cartoons.

Comment

And cats. Billions of the fuckers.

Comment

Sometimes, Twitter deals out an absolute skewering.

*After reading through some of the replies (funny), it seems that this story rears its head every few months.
                                                Last edited by Gerontophile; 20-06-2017, 05:28.

Comment

I thought this was going to be "The Kids in the Hall".

Just watch.

Comment

Bugger. It seems that some people protect their tweets. *Apologies for last two or three posts.

*This can apply on many occasions.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X