• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convince me how to vote in the EU referendum

Guy Profumeau wrote:
    Originally posted by ad hoc
    Ad hoc got 17. That was hard.
    When did ad hoc start talking about himself in the third person?
    Toby Gymshorts thinks that was a direct reference to a previous post.

Comment

Corbyn gets Angela Eagle to debate tonight as part of cross party debate. Sturgeon also appearing.

He isn't helping himself, is he?

Comment

He could hardly appear as Nic's back up though (nor she as his).

She's not exactly a natural debater, though still way more polished than the rest in GE15. If BoJo keeps hammering the IndyRef parallels she will be doing her flummoxed/exasperated thing again without properly answering the question.

Comment

18. Good to get back to putting one over on ad hoc.

Comment

Sturgeon's likely to be a sitting duck for a couple of jibes about splitting off from the UK. Two birds with one stone, he should definitely doing it.

Comment

Toby Gymshorts wrote:
              Originally posted by Guy Profumeau
              Originally posted by ad hoc
              Ad hoc got 17. That was hard.
              When did ad hoc start talking about himself in the third person?
              Toby Gymshorts thinks that was a direct reference to a previous post.
              Guy Profumeau is grateful for that exposition.

Comment

Johnson is favourite to be next PM.

Miliband wasn't allowed anywhere near Cameron. Corbyn isn't up for a proper pop at Johnson?

I see Corbyn is doing a gig with a studio audience, but I'd be wary of that. While Johnson lies, he can at least have his own words quoted back at him. You can't do that when somebody in an audience chucks a FACT at you, and you can look very silly.

Comment

20. But I guessed at least 4.

Comment

San Bernardhinault wrote: Shocked to get a country outline wrong.
                    Same!!! And I thought I had been clever with my educated guess, assuming that the organic form of the border in one particular direction had to mean that this country must be A and not B or C, only to find out that B stuck out far beyond where I expected A to be in another particular direction.

Absolutely stumped on the monarchs and so on.
                    Yeah, I got a free point for knowing the ('my') prime minister, but I could have done a better job on the king.

Comment

The King is easy if you have had any exposure to Belgian military uniforms, which is hard to avoid if you've lived in Brussels.

The Python one was genuinely difficult, primarily because Slovene and Croatian are quite close linguistically. I'm sure that my native speaker Slovene relatives would have gotten it right, but not so sure about their Slovene-proficient children.

Comment

The Python one is easy if you can recall the sketch. Memory failed me, I'm sorry to say.

Comment

Wish Nicola and Jezza had swapped places here. Not sure she's really working out with this team debate thing. V. Close to Better Together.

Comment

The Remainers conceded far too on the "spend our own money and set our own laws and control our borders".

Comment

Amber Rudd is surprisingly good.

Comment

Far too much being conceded on sovereignty by Remain.

Leadsom is a spectacular liar. Stuart is a fool who answers different questions to the one asked.

Comment

I've just seen the "Leave" advert. Fucking hell, it's laughable.

It's a "sliding doors" type narrative where, on a plit screen, some doddery old tart gets a cough and (on a split screen) is left to die in a packed NHS waiting room "in the EU" (surrounded by black and asian looking people scowling at her) whilst on the other side "out of the eu" is seem almost immediately by a lovely young doctor and is seen smiling and bouncing out in full health.

I honestly can't believe the advertising standards commission or whatever it's called has allowed that to be aired. And anyway, tough tits, granny, because that lovely blonde doctor who saw to you in the "leave" version was from Sweden. So she won't be there in your fucking fantasy vision of the future.

Comment

This is gash. Remain looking weak and too dependent on experts when the floaters are prob the type to be knee jerk sceptical of poindexters. But then if you make a "positive" case against these cunts they'd eat you alive with melodious lies.

Comment

Remain were reasonably good on pooling of sovereignty. But no idea why they didn't point out that non EU members aren't exactly sovereign like Johnson and others claim.

Comment

Stuart ought to be thrown out of Labour for lying about Turkey joining the EU.

Comment

The Leave side here channelling Farage in talking out of their collective fucking arse.

Comment

If anyone was drinking every time they said 'take back control' they'd be unconscious by now.

Comment

"Take Back Control". I'd dearly love to boot Johnson square in the fucking balls every time that phrase leaves his mouth.

Comment

The number of sheer lies spouted on that debate was extraordinary. They really should have had someone sat on the side with an X-factor type red buzzer. The stupid Tory MP in the red jacket who claimed that "Europe" forced us to put VAT on stuff and we'd abolish it if we left. Utter, utter, utter, bollocks. Think you'll find it was a Tory government that introduced VAT. And increased it. And increased it again.

Comment

Someone on Twitter pointed out that by Leave logic North Korea is the most sovereign country in the world.

Comment

What a shower. Total nonsense from leave vs flustered speaking in phrases (though the Tory Remainer was surprisingly lucid, soul on ice). Scum vs slipshod.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X