Convince me how to vote in the EU referendum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shit, that'll really add time to check-in at the Eurostar. Oh...

Comment

Fair play to the others if that protection of the City is just an extra QVM vote in Council.

Comment

Oh dear....

Comment

Cameron actually got more than I expected, but he's risking the vote by over selling it

Comment

Cameron's got quite a lot in common, politically, with a lot of the people he was negotiating with, so it's not that much of a surprise that he's got quite a lot.

Comment

Do you know about that financial regulation point? What happens when it goes to the Council?

Comment

I think that you are right, and that vote is qualified majority.

But I'm not certain.

Comment

E10 Rifle wrote: Cameron's got quite a lot in common, politically, with a lot of the people he was negotiating with, so it's not that much of a surprise that he's got quite a lot.
                  That would assume semi-competent diplomacy on his part in making use of that. More likely he told the others that if he couldn't win his referendum, they'd all have their own UKIPs on their back, so give me something etc.

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: I think that you are right, and that vote is qualified majority.

But I'm not certain.
                    Cheers. That would be pretty weak protection for the City- sorry, the British economy.

Comment

Massive boost for the 'Stay' campaign

Apparently Farage introduced Galloway onstage as "a towering figure of the British left." Then loads of people walked out. The doors may have been locked later.

Comment

Don't worry, they have the perfect replacement.

— Rowena Mason (@rowenamason)
                        February 19, 2016

Labour's Frank Field says he will be campaigning to leave the EU as Cameron has not managed to regain control of borders

Comment

Basically, so many contemptible gits have opened their mouths all over the shop on this, on all sides, that those who are staying silent are almost certainly the only ones worth listening to.

Comment

Apparently, the deal involves treaty change, so would also require an Irish referendum.

Comment

Lots of changes that could be made to the EU, but the whole thing generally seems like the most pointless debate ever.

Tedious beyond belief.

Comment

Choice of date (for the referendum) will be interesting. June 16th would be good, half the country will be in pubs watching England play Wales.

Comment

I'm half hoping that the turn out will be so low as to render the result invalid.

I'm going to send a postcard to No. 10 with the message 'You Stupid Twat' to arrive on referendum day. Anyone else fancy it?

Comment

We could all go to Ireland to campaign for a "No" vote in the treaty change referendum.

Comment

Basically, so many contemptible gits have opened their mouths all over the shop on this, on all sides, that those who are staying silent are almost certainly the only ones worth listening to.
                                      That's not fair, Tubby's made some good points, I think.

Comment

TonTon wrote: We could all go to Ireland to campaign for a "No" vote in the treaty change referendum.
                                        But that might cause the RAF uniform and chain mail types to head over and campaign for a 'Yes', which would be a bit harsh on the old country.

Comment

Diable Rouge wrote: Apparently, the deal involves treaty change, so would also require an Irish referendum.
                                          Heh. The UK government might be in for a surprise.

Comment

The only surprise would be if Ireland didn't vote No first off, then vote Yes in a rerun referendum.

Comment

I can see the turnout in June being extremely low, for the same reason E10 alludes to above.

Comment

23/6/16 apparently.

Comment

I think everyone should take a leaf out of Saramago's book Seeing (follow up to Blindness), and abstain, so that turnout is so pitifully low that it is impossible to claim any legitimacy for whichever option 'wins'.

(In that book, the government in response changes the law to redefine not voting as terrorism, but I'm sure that could never happen here)

Comment

We already have a majority government that can do basically whatever it wants to the country for the next four years that less than 25% of people in the country actively voted for. I don't want to see nihilism drive us down that path any fucking further, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X