• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Celebrity Doppelgänger

or more recently:

Comment

We once got into Sage in East Berlin for free because the doorman thought one of our group was Carl Cox.

Comment

My life was empty until James Corden, or more to the point, Smithy, came into existence.

At the height of the Gavin and Stacey popularity, I'd get at least a couple of unsolicited heckles a day.

I was initially grateful when I started going grey and also lost some weight, only to get lambasted with equal frequency for being Chris Moyles.

Comment

Mumpo wrote: Flattering: Hugh Laurie
          Unflattering: Stan Laurel
          In a similar mould:
          Flattering: Dave Grohl with glasses
          Unflattering: the comedian Ray Peacock with glasses

Or basically any bloke with long dark hair and a beard. With glasses.

Comment

When I was younger I was regularly compared to Wednesday Adams. I aspired to be her too.

Comment

In my 20s I was accused of looking like Mick Hucknell.

In my 30s, it was Elton John.

My friends hate me.

And I really don't want to know who they think I look like now.

Comment

Trois Fois Un Rouge wrote: … basically any bloke with long dark hair and a beard. With glasses.
                You are Professor Denzil Dexter and I claim my £5.

Comment

At one point I was tempted to sue the makers of Ugly Betty, they must have stolen some pictures of me as a teenager.

I've been told I look like both Bert and Ernie. And recently someone suggested this:

Which is not as inaccurate as I'd like it to be.

Comment

People often compare me to Francis Rossi, but only because they have no idea who Geddy Lee is.

Comment

I know who Geddy Lee is, and I think we should get married immediately.

Comment

Flowers and chocolates first.

Comment

Go on then, I like dark chocolate and lilies.

Comment

I have been told I look like Beck by a few people, but the overwhelming majority of the time it's people telling me I'm the spitting image of this chap when he was younger.

Both are comparisons I'm more than happy with, and moreover they're both true.

Comment

Comment

When I was in my early 20s a guy who booked a club called the Coconut Teazer tried to pick me up by telling me I looked like a Steve McQueen. I used to see Sofia Coppola there a lot and she never tried to pick me up with the same line, so I tend to think the lack of light in the club might have impaired his vision. I would take that comparison for sure, but I'm not punching anywhere near that weight.

Comment

When I was a teenager with longish, curly hair, I used to get whichever of The Professionals had longish, curly hair.

Over the years, I've had Jeff Goldblum (most frequently), the young Bob Dylan, Ian McCulloch, Paul Marsh (the singer from eighties band The Mighty Lemon Drops) and, most bafflingly to me, Robin Gibb. My cousin has even tried to claim that I resemble Tiger Woods, ffs.

He should talk, he looks like a cross between Kevin Bridges and Robbie Coltrane.

Comment

Just asked da missus and she said one of The Beatles, Ed Sullivan period, because of my hair and the way I shake it. I'm probably more Lennon to look at.

I'm a short haired man trying to grow long hair atm. Longest since I was a kid.

Comment

So, I've meandered through Tristan off 'George & Mildred', Chesney Hawkes, Howard Jones & David Cameron.

Also, a bloke based in Cardiff who was on the cover of our staff magazine a few months back and a bloke who does almost the same job as me in Hull.

Comment

san2sboro wrote: So, I've meandered through Tristan off 'George & Mildred', Chesney Hawkes, Howard Jones & David Cameron.
                                        I can see a continuum between Tristran off George & Mildred to Howard Jones, but how does that jump to David Cameron?

Comment

You'll have to ask my Auntie Margaret.

Comment

I got Bruce Willis a few times in the 80's, but not anymore, still got (most) my hair!

Elder brother made the most of his Adam Ant resemblance in 80/81!

Edit: must pointy out the BW resemblance was more Moonlighting than Die Hard!

Comment

Through the years, I've had Rowan Atkinson as Mr Bean, Alfred Hitchcock, Peter Lorre and, er, Casper The Friendly Ghost levelled at me.

Yep, I'm one ugly bastard

Comment

Over the years Ive had Darryl Hall, David Sylvain, The Proclaimers, Maurice Johnson, Martin Fry, Michael Heseltine and a few others including three tennis players: Boris Becker, Andrew Castle and Nick Brown.
                                                Carling Bassett the Canadian tennis pro and brewery heiress even said "Hi" outside Gloucester Rd tube station during one Wimbledon fortnight much to the amusement of my mates Canadian GF. Im presuming she wasnt a fan of early 80s post punk and Scottish football.

Comment

She might just have been hitting on you.

Comment

Years ago, within a few months of each other, I was told by three different people that I looked a bit like Ben Stiller.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X