Hameron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hameron

Los Campesinos! released this t-shirt design in the run-up to the election.

Comment

Hameron

SouthdownRebel wrote: The Beeb just showed a clip of Osborne being asked about it. What a lovely smile...

Meanwhile, Toby Young again: "if anything, it reflects well on the Prime Minister"
      It's about class, really. The toffs indulge in high spirits, the chavs get ASBOs.

Comment

Hameron

SouthdownRebel wrote: The Beeb just showed a clip of Osborne being asked about it. What a lovely smile...
        That lovely smile in full

Comment

Hameron

MsD wrote:
          Originally posted by SouthdownRebel
          The Beeb just showed a clip of Osborne being asked about it. What a lovely smile...

Meanwhile, Toby Young again: "if anything, it reflects well on the Prime Minister"
          It's about class, really. The toffs indulge in high spirits, the chavs get ASBOs.
          To be fair, he was talking specifically about the non dom aspect. Because there's nothing wrong with lying to 60m people.

Comment

Hameron

I was prepared to believe Toby Young thought pigfucking was a good look.

Comment

Hameron

Such lovely people.

“Piers Gav” is highly exclusive, made up of a self-selecting group of 12 undergraduates. The men-only club, named after the alleged male lover of Edward II, king of England from 1307 to 1327, was founded in 1977 and carries the motto: “Fane non memini ne audisse unum alterum ita dilixisse.” It translates to:

Truly, none remember hearing of a man enjoying another so much.

The Mail reports that the club encourages “excess, high camp [and] ostentatious decadence”.

Comment

Hameron

The tabloids other than the Mail didn't have their hands on this yesterday. Didn't get a mention. Tomorrow morning is going to be FUN.

Comment

Hameron

Comment

Hameron

Determined to wring every last drop out of this one. This from someone's Facebook page:
                    And the dead pig's head has just been declared fit for work by ATOS.

Comment

Hameron

The official No. 10 Twitter account has just made its first tweet since the story came out. I probably would have steered away from making it anything animal related if I'd been part of their social media team, but maybe that's just me.

Comment

Hameron

MsD wrote:
                        Originally posted by SouthdownRebel
                        The Beeb just showed a clip of Osborne being asked about it. What a lovely smile...

It's not that simple, I don't think. The right wing media have a paradoxicial relationship with public school elites. The Mail don't like Cameron at all, and it's only that he leads the Conservative Party that makes them tolerate him.

For people who don't lead the Conservative Party, the treatment isn't always so kind. A kid expelled from a public school for taking cannabis would get in the Mail, who'd get stuck in on the school's alumni etc.

Comment

Hameron

This is from the Mirror, but a good example of the genre. Mind you expelling ten is pretty drastic.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ten-pupils-expelled-from-posh-public-424887

Fees- check
                          Old boys of school- check

They missed out "This Life" star Jack Davenport, and indeed me.

Comment

Hameron

D'ye know. I liked this place better when we slagged off London, teams playing in red, and "Ultra culture" and played tiresome word games...

Comment

Hameron

i don't know for sure, but i would expect that paul dacre loathes david cameron. dacre is one of those petty bourgeois workaholic "bootstrap" conservatives, while cameron is the flabby-faced scion of privilege. they might both hate labour but they aren't natural allies.

Comment

Hameron

It's about policy as well with Dacre- Cameron supports EU membership and is nice to gays. And sacking Gove probably didn't go down well. But lots of it is social.

It probably didn't do Cameron all that much trouble. Being hate by Dacre and the Barclay Brothers made Cameron look moderate. Contrast that with the way Miliband was made to look more leftwing than his party.

Comment

Hameron

these secret society students are poignant figures in a way. their degeneracy-tourism is a sad vestigial echo of the time when it really meant something to be an aristocrat. for their forebears, there was literally no gentlemanly way to while away the time other than in boozing, whoring and gambling. and they could fully commit to that lifestyle because there were no consequences. the tragedy of these rich kids now is that when they leave college they're expected to pretend to do something - grub around in law or politics, dabble in tech or play at running a foundation. god be with the days when a wealthy young man could take a commission in the army so as to be absolved from ever having to do anything ever again while maintaining a respectable position in society. now it's basically just prince harry who gets to do that.

Comment

Hameron

BBC World just ran their report on all this, including the more meaningful/less funny allegations. I have to say first that Toby Young is an utter bellend (no news there of course), and secondly that everyone, from the anchorwoman to those interviewed in the piece, did a tremendous job of keeping a straight face when it was quite clear they were all struggling to do so.

Apart from Osborne, who pretty much shat himself laughing over it.

Comment

Hameron

The Independent's cartoon for tomorrow

Comment

Hameron

The National's front page is an instant classic.

Comment

Hameron

san2sboro wrote: Just seen it referred to as swine/11.

Out of interest, does anyone here not actually believe it?
                                          Now, this story about David Cameron is not true.

But I feel what it tells us about David Cameron, is.

Comment

Hameron

Shamelessly stolen, but PMQ's is to be renamed Hamcock's Half Hour.

Comment

Hameron

Newsnight will be covering the story.

Comment

Hameron

Sam wrote: The official No. 10 Twitter account has just made its first tweet since the story came out. I probably would have steered away from making it anything animal related if I'd been part of their social media team, but maybe that's just me.
                                                The comments underneath are a joy.

Comment

Hameron

The Daily Record's is even better. You'll have to search for it I can't post it from my phone.

Ian Rankin posted this little ode-
                                                  Gaveston, oh Gaveston
                                                  I still see her small eyes glowing
                                                  And her mouth so pertly blowing...

Comment

Hameron

...and life just gets better...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X