X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corb Blimey!

Lucy Waterman wrote:
    Originally posted by E10 Rifle
    A lot of the people around Blair were reformed Tankies.
    Aye. And didn't it just show in their tactics and organisational methods. And still does.
    Pity some of the ruthlessly efficient organisational stuff didn't rub off on Seumas.
    I can't even imagine Milne having a sick old family pet put down.

This is the sort of enforcement team they need. For Ursus.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Brexit policy is a strength for Corbyn. You read it here first.

https://skwawkbox.org/2017/04/18/mayfarron-compromised-on-brexit-corbyn-isnt-hes-free-to-use-labs-policy-strength/

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Tubby Isaacs wrote: Brexit policy is a strength for Corbyn. You read it here first.

https://skwawkbox.org/2017/04/18/mayfarron-compromised-on-brexit-corbyn-isnt-hes-free-to-use-labs-policy-strength/
        Well, I read it when they published it last week. Standard rally the troops stuff, bit incoherent.

The only good point made, I thought, would be that the position outlined would be presented as lacking credibility. That's true - agree with it or not - in that it's as 'credible' as a hard Brexit, or a 2nd referendum. It's all fucked.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

It is all fucked. They're trying a bit hard there with "Farron wanted a referendum in 2008" though. The Lib Dem position on Brexit is better, but it wasn't very easy at all for Labour to get to it- had Corbyn tried to whip against Article 50, the Kippers in the PLP would have gone mad.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/23/tony-blair-vote-tory-or-lib-dem-where-they-are-open-minded-on-brexit

Look, Tony, just say that you would rather die under perpetual Tory rule than let traditional Labour policies have even the slightest modicum of success and then at least you will be saying what we all already know.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

How much do endorsements like this one and this one make?

Do the opinion polls take this sort of thing into account, as well as the 350,000 - mainly young? - people that have registered to vote this past week?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Akala is great.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Aren't the Brownies too young to vote?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Laura K's right out of the blocks this morning...

Comment

Corb Blimey!

She should be suspended. Ideally from a tree.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Just par for the course.

Though the double standards of some on here are also noted!

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
                          Unionist word? Sod off, Calvert. Ask Red Mhairi about council tax freezing and corporation tax cutting next time you see her. This is the sort of stuff you need to do to get 50% in an indyref, and they balance it with other stuff well. But there's Tory Lite in there.
                          Sorry, but that's Complete crap!
                          Especially given the SNP had the most left-wing manifesto of 'mainstream' parties at GE2015.

We need more honest politicians like Black & Sturgeon, a pretty rare commodity with the other parties...

Comment

Corb Blimey!

GCostanza wrote: We need more honest politicians like Black & Sturgeon, a pretty rare commodity with the other parties...
                            Fuck off to Glasgow and vote for them then. We'll crowdfund your one-way fare.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

A bit of an OTT response there, though indicative of the double standards referred to above, not to mention ignorance.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

I'm beginning to think that you two aren't quite as close friends as you once were...

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Merely the rough & tumble of full and frank political exchanges.

I'm sure DG and Gonzo remain firm friends albeit ones with diametrically opposing views

Comment

Corb Blimey!

I'm happy to be friendly with anyone who doesn't endlessly troll me round social media and beyond. Gonzo won't stop doing this, so he's fair game for some stick.

I don't really want Laura Kuenssberg to be lynched, of course.

Exile to Dundonald to do vox-pops with Calvert's neighbors would be good though.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Steady on, DG
                                      We've enough trouble here without la Kuenssberg pitching up.
                                      I'd rather Mensch showed up. At least she isn't sponging off MY TELEVISION LICENCE FEE money.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

This means?

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Arf.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Oh, your boys fairly fucked it up at t'weekend, DG.
                                            Now relying on the good will of the Supersonics to stop the Evil Empire wrecking your 3-in a row.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Should both North Belair teams win on Saturday I might even have to support the Shinner- Green Progrock alliance. Nigel Dodds annoys me even more than Gonzo does.

The Irish League standings with one game left

Linfield 37-86 (and much better goal difference)
                                              Crusaders 37-84

Comment

Corb Blimey!

I think that somewhere on this thread I said, in answer to Lucy W, that I thought I might be happy to keep the Tories down to 30-40 majority. I'll take plus 30 seats for Labour.

Comment

Corb Blimey!

Duncan Gardner wrote: I'm happy to be friendly with anyone who doesn't endlessly troll me round social media and beyond. Gonzo won't stop doing this, so he's fair game for some stick.
                                                  More drivel.

Comment

Corbyn did pretty well at Glastonbury, eh. He's not a Great Orator, but Great Orators can sound phoney and in love with their own cleverness. He comes across as sincere, likeable, and inspiring.

He's not promising pie-in-the-sky, he's talking about a sense of community and co-operation. What WE can do if WE put OUR minds to it and the more fortunate are prepared to share a bit more.

Well done.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X