• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a lovely thing.

Comment

It has been through a lot

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmacy_Salvator

Comment

Worthing can pass for Malta, if you get the right location and squint.

Comment

Love the utensils can. That sure is a blue sky.

Comment

Here’s Peter’s yacht nemesis

Comment

Another stunner, FF. I shared it with my son who loves high-rise urban images.

Comment

Seriously, this wee nyaff had better start paying rent.

Comment

Lang Spoon Have you given him a name?

Comment

He's the neighbour's from two doors down, appears to go by the name of "Charlie ya bastard" following his escapes.

Comment

Comment

We seem to be here again.

Comment

Comment

Eating an apple from the tree, I got close enough to almost touch it.

Comment

Great pic AE. I still can’t get my head around the fact those things are flying round England.

Comment

Arrived way too early in, well, SW10 at the moment for the Chelsea/Zenit game so I thought I'd have a quick wander.

The Thames eastwards:

Comment

Sat on a bench and a chancer flew over for any food scraps in the offing:

Comment

Lots Road Power Station, presumably now decommissioned:

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                      Sat on a bench and a chancer flew over for any food scraps in the offing:

Pied Wagtail

Comment

AE, is that bird a member of a recognised community of escapees?

I'm sure that I've written before about the colony in Brooklyn

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                                          Pied Wagtail

Ah, I was hoping that someone would tell me what it was!

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

I've no idea, there are at least half a dozen always in or around our local park. There's also a large colony in Greenwich Park as well.

I've never seen them so low before, they always stay up in the high branches of the larger trees and occasionally swoop over the local houses.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

Yes, I think I've seen stories before that they were believed to have escaped originally from the set of The African Queen. We used to see a flock of them regularly on Clapham Common.

Comment

As always though, the truth seems likely to be more prosaic: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...496.html%3famp

Comment

They're in Walker Park in East Newcastle and fly over our allotment, squawking

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                    X