• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giant sunflower with bee.

Comment

How giant?

Comment

I'd say it's at least nine to ten feet tall (I do height in feet compared to humans rather than metres). It looms over our back garden fence.

Comment

I have photos of it with my children for comparison height but I don't put photos of my kids on the internet so you'll have to just imagine it.

Comment

I can try and get a photo later today with just the fence for comparison. If I remember, like.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post

For me,it's the Post Office tower as well, but it has Noel Edmunds at the top of it on Christmas morning.
              Wasn't he usually sent to make a truly dreadful Christmas for kids confined to hospital even worse by bowling up and pestering them on the wards?

Comment

Man prunes tree:

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                  I can try and get a photo later today with just the fence for comparison. If I remember, like.
                  No pressure!

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post

No pressure!
                    I quite like having a mini mission for a lunchtime walk. Here's the sunflower in all its glory. The fence is about six foot high.

Comment

Impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post

Crikey, that's a gorgeous picture! The tree looks incredibly architectural, like it's a pillar holding up the roof in some giant modernist glasshouse. Stunning.

Our change kit is green-and-brown, in fact in almost those exact tones – here's the current trio that I designed a handful of seasons ago:

Though I've often thought about switching the home kit to green, since I occasionally fancy a break from our regular sky-blue-and-white – which was itself inspired by the Dersingham coat of arms, as seen on the village sign, and part of which I nicked to include on the upper part of our club badge as seen below.

The last couple of seasons however I simply left the second strip in place and swapped the main strip to the 'third kit' from the trio above, like so:

It's certainly an awesome tree, I've no idea what it is mind, there were a line of them in the more ordered part of Sandringham - I much prefer the estate's wilder outer edges where it borders on Dersingham. Is your connection with Dersingham itself? I think I remember you having an afiliation to Kings Lynn. My mother in law's house backs on to The Pastures, where Dersingham Rovers play. Aside from the distance from Manchester it's a pretty fabulous place to have in laws.

Comment

Last one from Norfolk, the mud flats at Snettisham.

Comment

Godwit? Dunlin? I’m not very good at waders. Lovely photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                              Godwit? Dunlin? I’m not very good at waders. Lovely photo.
                              Neither am I but nearest the camera is an oyster catcher, which is of course a lot easier to identify when it's not in silhouette. The rest are black headed gulls.

Comment

Originally posted by Artificial Hipster View Post

Neither am I but nearest the camera is an oyster catcher, which is of course a lot easier to identify when it's not in silhouette. The rest are black headed gulls.
                                Thanks

Comment

Had an afternoon walk on the Pembs Coast Path between Fishguard and Strumble Head yesterday. Surprisingly quiet for a Bank Holiday: think I saw about 4 other ramblers in 3 hours.

Saw some grey seal mums and pups basking in an inaccessible cove. Taken with my “vintage” iPhone SE so not great pics…

Comment

Michaelmas daisy with leaf bug.

Comment

Bit tricky to get a photo in focus using a camera phone and when I currently have hand tremours.

Comment

At the bottom of our street, to be burned next Sunday:

Comment

Do they represent identifiable "celebrities" or are they more generic?

Comment

They are sufficiently terrifying that I would burn them.

Comment

Bloke up on a crane in what’s left of our monster tree, starting to take it down before it falls on our house or the neighbours…

Comment

The same bloke dangling in mid air with a giant lump of tree swinging about next to him (and the power lines) without a care in the world.

Comment

No thank you

Comment

I'd have a crack at that.

But then I am (at least according to TLMG) famously blasé about personal danger.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X