No announcement yet.

Ship of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing special today, just another cruise liner, but I'm rarely around when they leave port:

Comment

Asphalt Splendor is a name one can conjure with

Comment

Comment

The Roosevelt and Lincoln both in today:

Comment

The Johan de Witt is back:

Comment

We just walked by a boat named "Shake the Disease". We sincerely hope its owners informally refer to it as the Depeche Boat.
              ​​​​​​

Comment

The lunchtime ferry from Fishguard to Rosslare sets off for its 4 hour voyage across the Irish Sea.

Comment

It's forty years since I took that trip.

Comment

A couple of years ago Stena and Irish Ferries said they wanted to combine their services from a single ferry port and to provide a service evry six hours or so. It hasn't happened given the choice of Pembroke Dock or Fishguard I presume they would go for Fishguard.

I'm due to take the Manxman from Heysham Port to the IOM in a few weeks time, I'll see if I can get a decent photo.

Comment

The Fugro Explorer survey vessel is visiting us, perhaps sheltering from the coastal storms

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                        The Fugro Explorer survey vessel is visiting us, perhaps sheltering from the coastal storms

Not showing for me.

Comment

Remembering this evening the crew of the Solomon Brown lifeboat who perished on this day in 1981/ Also the crew of the MV Union Star and the family that died with them.

Comment

I don’t know the name of this boat, but it seems to have a pickleball court on the foredeck which is a novelty to me,

Comment

Might also be padel, I guess.

Joe Lewis' boats had squash and paddle ball courts below decks.

You could see them when the hatch opened to allow the watercraft out.

Comment

A few years north of Boston can do this to a man.

Comment

Working...
                                X