Next Labour Leader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next Labour Leader?

That would be why Pollard saw them. He writes for the Mail.

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

This might be what they're objecting too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Holocaust_Cartoon_Competition

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

Corbyn's links to/support for white leftist anti-semites is far more worrying than his dealings with Hamas/Hezbollah IMO. Would add Assange to the list of "Jewish conspiracy" types Corbyn has expressed support for (not to mention he's probably a rapist).

Much of this is stuff Corbyn needs to properly explain/account for. At the very least, it demonstrates poor judgement.

Side-eyeing anyone who criticises Corbyn over that stuff and doesn't criticise Yvette Cooper for, for example, this sort of stuff, though.

And Pollard is obviously scum.

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

Yeah that "preachers speaking English" and "Sharia courts" is bollocks from Cooper.

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

Kevchenko wrote:
            Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs
            How is this even QE anyway?

QE bought long term assets with a value in themselves like government bonds. How are UK investment bank bonds like that?
            I suspect that there would be some government agency tasked with coordinating the infrastructure - something like Broadband Delivery UK for example - and the BoE would buy debt issued by them directly?
            No I bloody wouldn't.

I am not ignoring your last contribution to our - seeming - dialogue about education, by the way. Very good points in there but I have been tied up with very RL.

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

Tubby Isaacs wrote: How well do you think the Corbyn circa 84 position on Northern Ireland has aged?
              It's evolved over time to fit the circumstances. So the strategy's the same- foreign country => united Ireland- the tactics have changed post-GFA.

Of course I think the strategy's both undemocratic (even if you want to jettison NI you need to deal with it while remaining in UK) and ignores reality (support for ending partition is stagnant North of the Border, acceptance of keeping it as high as ever in the South).

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

Tubby Isaacs wrote: Yeah that "preachers speaking English" and "Sharia courts" is bollocks from Cooper.
                Why were they established in the first place, though? It seems to go against every British cultural tradition to facilitate ethno-religious exceptionalism.

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

Had an 'interesting' - read "Kafka-esque - conversation with some one on a friend's FB where he was asking all those questions. I was quite interested in finding about them myself but the more I asked for details of him, the more he put words into my mouth about how I was ignoring criticisms of Corbyn when I was, in fact, asking for more detail of the criticism so I could look myself.

It was one of the those times when a swivel eyed loon presents himself as fairly benign until you have invested quite a lot into the dialogue. Having seen the list, there are one or two that I would like to see Corbyn answer and he has been fairly thorough in answering charges so far. The Hamas and Hezbollah ones are ridiculous and the Eisner one is bollocks as well.

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

Diable Rouge wrote:
                    Yeah that "preachers speaking English" and "Sharia courts" is bollocks from Cooper.
                    Why were they established in the first place, though? It seems to go against every British cultural tradition to facilitate ethno-religious exceptionalism.
                    That's true, but Beth din courts have been operating for ages with little objection.

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

The C of E has surely been a form of exceptionalism for some time (since a majority of the population stopped attending out of habit)?

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

Yvette Cooper's publicity machine limbers up

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

Ha ha, that is awful.

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

It seems to go against every British cultural tradition to facilitate ethno-religious exceptionalism.
                            Really?

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

Duncan Gardner wrote:
                              How well do you think the Corbyn circa 84 position on Northern Ireland has aged?
                              It's evolved over time to fit the circumstances. So the strategy's the same- foreign country => united Ireland- the tactics have changed post-GFA.

Of course I think the strategy's both undemocratic (even if you want to jettison NI you need to deal with it while remaining in UK) and ignores reality (support for ending partition is stagnant North of the Border, acceptance of keeping it as high as ever in the South).
                              Cheers. Interesting interview with Benn here. Doesn't to me come across well.

http://www.workersliberty.org/story/2007/02/17/discussion-ireland-tony-benn

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

Why are you reading the AWL?

Polly Toynbee - is she ever going to shut the fuck up?

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

Grauniad goes for Cooper

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

TonTon wrote: Why are you reading the AWL?

Polly Toynbee - is she ever going to shut the fuck up?
                                      Interested in the "Bennite" views on Northern Ireland and this came up.

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

The Guardian has published four anti-Corbyn articles today alone.

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

It was Ireland that set the Soggy Oggies off on their weird quest, I do believe.

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

Where did they end up?

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

As the AWL, Alliance for White Liberals as they are called, or Alliance for Workers Liberty as they call themselves. A weird lot, letting guru Sean Matgamna publish his weird poetry about his Oedipus complex in their paper, and supporting Israel and being Islamophobes.

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

Ah they ended up here.

In 2006, the AWL reproduced the Muhammad cartoons that were originally published in Jyllands-Posten on their website, describing it as an issue of free speech
                                                I quite liked that old interview with Benn though.

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

It's nothing like an honest interview, is it?

Comment

Next Labour Leader?

Green Calx wrote: The Guardian has published four anti-Corbyn articles today alone.
                                                    Not being a Guardian - or, indeed, any paper - reader, this has helped me form my view upon it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X