Increase your social standing at Plumpton Races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just click on the 'Title' dropdown menu...

Is this common? I've never seen it before, and can only think that some of the racing set like to register their status at every opportunity.

Dear Plumpton Raceourse,

I am I knighted professor and I was disgusted to find that your on-line registration form did not afford me the opportunity to display my correct title.

I do like the way that Mr, Mrs, Miss, Ms and mere 'Dr' are segregated from the upper crust.

Comment

It's not the norm but it isn't unusual for all those titles to be given. Try applying for tickets at the Cheltenham Gold Cup or Ascot and you'll find similar options. The Grand National at Aintree doesn't have those options, they take anybody!

Comment

Are you telling me that not everyone attending Ladies' Day is a member of the aristocracy?

Comment

Mumpo wrote: Dear Plumpton Raceourse,

I am I knighted professor and I was disgusted to find that your on-line registration form did not afford me the opportunity to display my correct title.

I do like the way that Mr, Mrs, Miss, Ms and mere 'Dr' are segregated from the upper crust.
          Indeed. Major Sir Gerry Pending will be apoplectic with rage.

Comment

Surely a Princess doesn't have to book her own tickets?

(Just noticed that the link might not take you into the registration page, you have to click 'new user' on the side.)

Comment

I've never heard of anyone having the title Brother or Sister before. I clearly don't move in the right circles. Given that I am a brother, I'd be ok to apply for that?

Comment

Kid A wrote: I've never heard of anyone having the title Brother or Sister before. I clearly don't move in the right circles. Given that I am a brother, I'd be ok to apply for that?
                Maybe a monk or a nun, though once again I struggle to see them being regular racegoers.

Comment

Comment

An old Creative Director of mine said that after he accidentally ticked Dr instead of Mr on some registration form or other, the world changed for him. He said that the quality of interactions from hotel clerk to airline steward took a noticeable uptick. After that, he was Dr Byrne to pretty much everyone.

Comment

I run Experian credit searches all day, and the list of titles available for my perusal is extraordinary:

Mr, Mrs, Miss, Master, Ms, Misses, Messrs, Dr, Sir, Madam, Lord, Lady, Duke, Duchess, Baron, Baroness, Earl, Viscount, Dame, Count, Countess, Prince, Princess, Marquis, Marquess, Judge, Canon, Father, Reverend, Professor, Rev Dr, The Hon, The Rt Hon, Hon Mr, Hon Mrs, Sheikh, General, Brigadeer, Colonel, Major, Captain, Commander, C/Sgt, S/Sgt, Private, Mraf, Air Commander, Air Marshall, Air VM, Group Captain, Wing Commander (!), Squadron Leader, Flight Lieutenant, FLight Officer, Pilot Officer, Sergeant, Corporal, Wo, Sheriff, Sac, Sgn Capt, Lieutenant Corporal, Vice Admiral, Rear Admiral, Admiral, Lieutenant, Lieutenant Colonel.

To be honest, I don't even know what quite a few of those are.

Comment

"And that was a non-smoking room, Squadron Leader Smith?"

Yeah, I could do with that.

Comment

Working...
                        X