2015 election - Tory leaflet watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine dropped through the door this morning.

Rob Loughenbury, a bloke in a suit who "works full time in the property development industry and has three young children". Hmm. A Property developer who wants to be a Tory? That's a turn-up for the books. Not warming to him, already. No mention of a wife. Maybe she's dead? Maybe he's a widower. God, that would be tough. His campaign leaflet has been promoted by a certain Charlotte Woods, of the same address as him, though. Is she Mum? Wife? Who knows.

Rob is "Part of the community"! He plays rugby for Chorley RUFC. Again, hardly a fucking surprise for a Tory candidate.

He "held Labour-run Chorley Council to account over its plans for a new traveller site in Chorley". Well, to be fair, none of us wanted THAT on our doorstep.

He does seem to do stuff for local charities. He "works with them", apparently, although how he finds the time as a full-time property developer and apparently sole carer of three children, well, one can only assume he never gets any sleep.

Okay, let's look inside to the bit Cameron's mob have drafted for him:

Ah, the Choice is, apparently, clear. "Your local vote won't just decide who will represent you and your local area. It will also determine who becomes Prime Minister - Ed Miliband or David Cameron. And the only way Ed Miliband can become Prime Minister is with the support of the SNP and other minor parties. So with a vote for Labour's candidate locally, you won't just get Ed in Number 10, but Alex Salmond and others pulling the strings as well".

Blimey. Well I didn't know that.

Mine was shit too, but I can't remember it, and I chucked it.

Comment

Mine was from a councillor.

Filed under the importance of washing your windows, and the much more important, 'I can walk your dog, so you dont have to', with lovely punctuation.

Christ on a bike.

Comment

Not got one. Is it worth even having them printed in Bethnal Green and Bow?

Comment

Hove. Preaching to the converted.

UKIP alert. Hence, wasting money by killing trees.

Sorted. (Non-european trees)

Comment

I assume mention has been made elsewhere of the Tory candidate who asked supporters not to mention Cameron or the Conservatives when canvassing for him...

Comment

And the only way Ed Miliband can become Prime Minister is with the support of the SNP and other minor parties.
              That could end up looking a little daft.

Comment

We haven't had any leaflets yet. I jumped up off the sofa twice the other night as something plopped through the letterbox, as you can't pass up the opportunity to abuse UKIP or LibDem, who would be the most likely leafletters.

the 1st time it was for some maths and English tutoring service and the second was an Avon brochure.

They really have decided only to campaign in key marginals, haven't they (both main parties, I mean)? the rest of us just get to watch it on telly.

Comment

The two Tory leaflets that we've had so far were filed in the correct place before they were even looked at.

Comment

Not had one. Doubt I will. Even the Tory club up the road has rebranded itself the "Village Social Club"

Comment

I think I'd quite like Alex Salmond pulling some of Ed Miliband's strings.

I hope one of my local candidates promises that.

Comment

Not had a leaflet yet. Not even sure we've got a candidate yet.

Comment

Actually, apparently we have the deputy chair of LGBTory standing, Emma Warman.

How lovely.

Comment

Working...
                          X