X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Napoleon's hat

just sold for €1.9 million.

Napoleon's hat

I love Paris, but the way they have this Napoleon fetish is rather unsettling. The guy belongs in the pantheon of history's worst warlords. I'd shit in his hat.

Comment

Napoleon's hat

That would be an expensive shit.

Comment

Napoleon's hat

I'm sure I saw Napoleon's Hat in the Profanisaurus before.

Comment

Napoleon's hat

G-Man wrote:
          The guy belongs in the pantheon of history's worst warlords. I'd shit in his hat.
          In the sense that he started wars that led to the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of people, or in the sense that he kept losing them and you reckon you'd stuff him at Risk ?

Comment

Napoleon's hat

Heh, I was thinking of the former, but I'll opt for both.

Comment

Napoleon's hat

one italo-french man repeatedly stuffs it right up the hun and drags them out of the middle ages, and they haven't forgiven him 200 years later

Comment

Napoleon's hat

Yeah, you see, mass murder, mass rape, destruction and plunder is the sort of thing you end up not forgiving.

For a medieval country Germany was doing OK culturally in the era before and after Napoleon. Or do you mean the springtime for German nationalism that resulted in reaction to Napoleon's wars? That worked out well for everybody as hundred years later.

And if you are thinking of the modernisation of German society and economics, that was already happening in the 18th century. The decline of feudalism would have happened with or without Napoleon, as it did throughout Europe.

Comment

Working...
                X