UKIP's actual specific policy proposals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luke R wrote: It's just jingoists [the established parties are] running scared from though is it?. It's boatloads of ordinary folk. I'm not sure they're able to separate one type from the other
    I think you'll find it's very much UKIP who are afraid of the boatloads, actually.

Comment

Not sure I meant that they represent them, so much as give the impression they do by covering their concerns under that out-of-the-EU umbrella.
      Despite how the tribes like to paint the three parties and their opposing supporters, there doesn't feel like there has been much between them over the last 20 years. Particularly at a leadership level and regarding the EU, so it's easier for Farage to appear like he has the answers to their concerns because of that.

The big story is The Tories having their ass handed to them by UKIP rather than the wonderfully stupid Thornberry thing. If she had tweeted what she had next June no one would have batted an eyelid. Having said that, every time I've seen/heard her speak, she's come across like a champion arsehole though so it's all been quite enjoyable.

Comment

It would appear that media twitter reporting rules differ for Conservatives and Labour:

Comment

One of their two new MPs (can't remember which one, nor can I bring myself to care) has said the "Send the Europeans back" doctrine won't apply to the Irish.

Well. That's it then. If they're not prepared to deport Graham Norton and Terry Wogan they've lost my vote!

Comment

They can send Mrs Brown and her boys back as well. Unfunny codswallop.

Comment

Guy Potger wrote: One of their two new MPs (can't remember which one, nor can I bring myself to care) has said the "Send the Europeans back" doctrine won't apply to the Irish
              Reckless. His mother emigrated from the Irish Republic.

Comment

Correction of the year from last week's Daily Mail:

Comment

Is this the thread for Mellor's monstering by the Sun and Guido Fawkes?

Couldn't happen to a nicer Chelsea supporter.

Comment

One of their two new MPs (can't remember which one, nor can I bring myself to care) has said the "Send the Europeans back" doctrine won't apply to the Irish

Reckless has, of course, been 'clarifying' his position further over the past few days. For 'clarifying', read 'back-pedalling like a bison on a unicycle'. D*ckhead.

Comment

They say, "never meet your heros" I suppose anti heros or enemies as well.
                      Well yesterday I was face to face with Mr Toad himself.
                      I was doing the exact opposite of old Nigel, in walking between Gare de Nord to Gare de l'Est in Paris, to catch the TGV home to Strasbourg while he, I guess had just come from anice time in Strasbourg with his right wing alliance chums. Not sure if he met the pope though.

Now, we were on opposite sides of the rue de St Quenten waiting for the green man to come on and to cross.
                      So what a dilemma - should I take this chance to as I pass him when we cross, critising his right wing opinions, making hime a quivering jelly with some well thought out quip ? but all I could think was to either to hit him, or call him a cunt, neither really my style.
                      Anyway, the green man came on , and I passed within a metre of him, and all I could do is fix him with a steely glare of contempt.
                      He was well turned out though; but looking very uncomfortable being surrounded by foreign commuters, and i like to think my withering stare.

But afterwards I regretted my lack of action - similar to those people who afterwards say if only someone had met Hitler early on and nobbled him.

Ah well.

Comment

Should've gobbed on his back. Done a Rijkaard, so to speak.

Comment

that would have been cowardly, underhand and sly.

You should have spat in his face.

Comment

Well, on the one hand, Reckless wants to make the Irish a special case in UKIP's stance on immigration.

But on the other hand, UKIP can't tell the difference between London's Catholic cathedral and a mosque....

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/nov/27/-sp-ukip-mistakes-westminster-cathedral-for-mosque

Comment

This was my favourite bit,
                              According to Nigel:
                              “Well, the people’s army are not wholly trained,” the Ukip leader said. “They are enthusiastic volunteers, and volunteers make mistakes and that lady made a mistake.”
                              Not trained? Surely more accurate to say not very bright.
                              Who will save us from "The Peoples Army"?

Comment

Jah Womble wrote:
                                One of their two new MPs (can't remember which one, nor can I bring myself to care) has said the "Send the Europeans back" doctrine won't apply to the Irish

Reckless has, of course, been 'clarifying' his position further over the past few days. For 'clarifying', read 'back-pedalling like a bison on a unicycle'. D*ckhead.
                                These Irish bison, coming over here and stealing our unicycles!

Comment

Red Max wrote: Who will save us from "The Peoples Army"?
                                  I reckon those that just might be considering voting UKIP will eventually be won over by progressive mocking, lefty ridicule, liberal bile and a cunning plan or two from Grant Shapps.

Comment

Sounds like a workable popular front in the making, I'm in.

Comment

VTTBoscombe wrote: They say, "never meet your heros" I suppose anti heros or enemies as well.
                                      Well yesterday I was face to face with Mr Toad himself.
                                      I was doing the exact opposite of old Nigel, in walking between Gare de Nord to Gare de l'Est in Paris, to catch the TGV home to Strasbourg while he, I guess had just come from anice time in Strasbourg with his right wing alliance chums. Not sure if he met the pope though.

Now, we were on opposite sides of the rue de St Quenten waiting for the green man to come on and to cross.
                                      So what a dilemma - should I take this chance to as I pass him when we cross, critising his right wing opinions, making hime a quivering jelly with some well thought out quip ? but all I could think was to either to hit him, or call him a cunt, neither really my style.
                                      Anyway, the green man came on , and I passed within a metre of him, and all I could do is fix him with a steely glare of contempt.
                                      He was well turned out though; but looking very uncomfortable being surrounded by foreign commuters, and i like to think my withering stare.

But afterwards I regretted my lack of action - similar to those people who afterwards say if only someone had met Hitler early on and nobbled him.

Ah well.
                                      You should have knocked him to the ground ,stamped on his head until he was limp and lifeless and then pissed on his body.I do have anger management issues at the moment because I had a row with a work college after taking him off 53 seconds late . Apparently I should have texted him to let him know how late I was going tobe .( I had taken him off 6 minutes late the previous night as well so i was just taking the piss).And just to complete the circle he is a UKIP supporter.....and breathe.

Comment

UKIP not exactly tearing up Thanet South, according to constituency poll. Even with Farage standing, picking the seat (after Clacton) most likely to elect him, he's a massive 3 points ahead of Labour (who are only supported by ethnics and Islington lawyers) and 5 points behind the Tories, with their useless leader who's really a Social Democrat and a Europhile traitor.

Wondering if they might end up with just Carswell after the next election. That would be funny.

Comment

Ha ha, white van man runs over the party leaders lolz. only u cant do that with you're white van nowadays coz of health and safety gone mad innit. Top bantz.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/dec/01/nigel-farage-christmas-card-white-van-ukip

Edit: forgot to say, moronic witless utter cunts.

Comment

Wondering if they might end up with just Carswell after the next election. That would be funny.
                                            Yes, one MP with about 15 per cent of the vote would be absolutely sodding hilarious, given that (I reckon) the ultra-conservative fuckwits who make up a large proportion of UKIP voters and UKIP politicians are likely to have been (edit: historically, pre-UKIP) the most resolute opponents of funny foreigh innovations like any move to a fair, PR-based, electoral representation system.

Less funny that the Greens and Lib Dems get screwed too of course.

Comment

I do like this. From Saturday's (Glasgow) Herald:

Comment

I thought this was going to be about Reintroducing handguns

Comment

Blimey. Farage wants to arm people he thinks are "responsible". Yeah, that'll be good.

Comment

According to The Times, Farage's inner cabal are handpicking the candidates for the next election rather than allowing the rank and file to democratically elect them.

He's less stupid than he looks.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X