Beer and raw veg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer and raw veg

Incandenza wrote: And...a plate with just plain iceberg lettuce? No dips or anything to make it more interesting?
    Dips are for the weak! We had two condiments, a bottle full of a salt and pepper mix and another bottle full of a paprica and chilli mix. We asked for a few limes to squeeze over the lettuce and rocket, they obliged.

Comment

Beer and raw veg

My favourite beer snack is in Lithuania where they give you deep fried garlic flavoured brown bread. It's delicious. It's so good that you order more beer just so you can have the accompaniment.

Comment

Beer and raw veg

Raw beef and even lamb are red meats though while chicken and pork are white meats. Actually, I don't know the reason why the latter seems less likely to have salmonella. Someone will tell me. Actually, I am not sure why pork, as a mammal, is white meat. I haven't a clue what my raw meat prejudices are based on.
        Salmonella isn't the (main) issue with pork. It's trichinosis

Comment

Beer and raw veg

steveeeeeeeee wrote:
          Originally posted by Incandenza
          And...a plate with just plain iceberg lettuce? No dips or anything to make it more interesting?
          Dips are for the weak! We had two condiments, a bottle full of a salt and pepper mix and another bottle full of a paprica and chilli mix. We asked for a few limes to squeeze over the lettuce and rocket, they obliged.
          Ah, thanks. The lime and chili sounds good.

Comment

Beer and raw veg

Wow, raw pork. That is totally, totally insane. I wash my fingers under the hot tap with detergent and a passion if I've even touched raw pork, e.g. when cooking. And I speak as someone who seeks out steak tartare wherever I can find it.

One of the things I least like about German cuisine is the prevalence of pork.

Comment

Beer and raw veg

Erics Inner Monologue wrote:
              Originally posted by La Lanterne Rouge
              because far to often the only beer snack option is crisps, but it needn't be that way.

This is true. Salted nuts, bbq ribs, hot wings, fried onion rings, mozzarella sticks, scotch eggs, pork pies and - most of all - fried pickles (in disks, not wedges!) are also good, and acceptable beer snacks.
              YES!

Also, salted bits of deep fried pig.
              I worked in a pork scratching factory one summer. It was quite disturbing and put me off them for a good while. Eventually I started eating them again, possibly due to residual guilt about leaving the West Midlands.

Comment

Beer and raw veg

I mistook the bottom layer of the Mettigel for smoked salmon. Shades of the Peter Mandelson guacamole incident.

Comment

Beer and raw veg

I bet seaweed (cooked, of course) would go well with some ales.

Seaweed is my favourite element of Chinese food.

Comment

Beer and raw veg

Oh hell yeah:

Comment

Beer and raw veg

I was thinking more like this:

-

Comment

Beer and raw veg

This thread is making me hungry. And thirsty.

Comment

Beer and raw veg

evilC wrote: I was thinking more like this:

-

That's probably cabbage though, isn't it?

Comment

Beer and raw veg

I'm all for people eating more fruit'n'veg, but there is a definite 'raw food' movement, whose adherents make increasingly grand claims for its alleged healing powers.

The next time anyone bangs on about raw food, give them an uncooked potato to eat.

Comment

Beer and raw veg

evilC wrote: I was thinking more like this:
                              Looks good, but i've a mild issue with the spoon -- beer food should be finger-food.

Comment

Beer and raw veg

alyxandr wrote:
                                Originally posted by evilC
                                I was thinking more like this:
                                Looks good, but i've a mild issue with the spoon -- beer food should be finger-food.
                                You're right and the spoon is wrong!

The seaweed I've had has always been surprisingly (but pleasantly) dry - there was really no need for the fork I was using. It was excellent. The only problem is that I'd probably neglect even my ale in order to stuff my face with the seaweed!

(Those seaweed crackers look disconcertingly shiny, though - almost like flattened-out wrappers of 'Quality Street' chocolates!)

Comment

Beer and raw veg

Those seaweed crackers were a huge 'thing' at my kids' school for a couple of months, and now we have half an uneaten case sitting in the pantry. I wonder if they could possibly go bad.

Comment

Beer and raw veg

Chilli rice crackers. That's the ticket.

Comment

Beer and raw veg

WOM wrote: Those seaweed crackers were a huge 'thing' at my kids' school for a couple of months, and now we have half an uneaten case sitting in the pantry. I wonder if they could possibly go bad.
                                      Kirkland brand?

Comment

Beer and raw veg

WOM wrote: Those seaweed crackers were a huge 'thing' at my kids' school for a couple of months, and now we have half an uneaten case sitting in the pantry. I wonder if they could possibly go bad.
                                        Send them over to me

Comment

Beer and raw veg

Incandenza wrote:
                                          Originally posted by WOM
                                          Those seaweed crackers were a huge 'thing' at my kids' school for a couple of months, and now we have half an uneaten case sitting in the pantry. I wonder if they could possibly go bad.
                                          Kirkland brand?
                                          Yup. But look, I still refuse to wear Kirkland jeans, so I'm not completely lost.

Comment

Beer and raw veg

here in Melbourne I miss Kettle Chips. They have a brand called "Kettle Chips" here but it's not the same. No Port & Stilton flavour. Christ but they were amazing with a Guinness.

Comment

Beer and raw veg

hobbes wrote: Chilli rice crackers. That's the ticket.
                                              They taste like tickets too.

Comment

Beer and raw veg

WOM wrote:
                                                Originally posted by Incandenza
                                                Originally posted by WOM
                                                Kirkland brand?
                                                Yup. But look, I still refuse to wear Kirkland jeans, so I'm not completely lost.
                                                I'm not judging. I have a new pair of Kirkland khaki shorts that are pretty comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                                                X