Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicholas Jacobs - Not Guilty

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-26960690

On Wednesday, after four hours of deliberations, Mr Jacobs was found not guilty of murder and manslaughter. (of Keith Blakelock)

I don't know anything about this, so I don't know where it's a travesty or a vindication.

But....I found this interesting: "The judge said Mr Jacobs had been within his rights not to give evidence during his trial and the jury could draw their own conclusions about his decision not to take the witness stand."

I thought juries were usually instructed not to draw any conclusions based on whether or not the accused testified in their own defence.

Comment

Ye gods.

That sound you can hear around Portland Place is the journalistic barrel being well and truly scraped at the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-26868038

Another trial has ended with no-one convicted over the brutal murder of PC Keith Blakelock in the Broadwater Farm riots in north London almost 30 years ago.

So why did the latest attempt fail?

Comment

Well, it's a reasonable point to make.

Comment

But doesn't 'fail' presume he was guilty and got away with it, instead of innocent.

Comment

Ah, I see, is that Guy's issue? I don't know. It is a case they brought that they would want to succeed so when it don't, it fails. I mean, I think there is a lot of whispering about this particular allegation but the BBC have to tread carefully.

The thing is, either he is innocent, in which case the Met were stupid to press the case or he is guilty and they have royally fucked their handling of it with these two witnesses who were paid and part of the group of attackers themselves. Either way, Blakelock's family are not getting any justice. Of course, the other death in this - that of Cynthia Jarrett - has also never seen justice.

Comment

WOM wrote: But doesn't 'fail' presume he was guilty and got away with it, instead of innocent.
              Yes.

That's what I inferred the correspondent meant.

I

Comment

Good grief. This from Jacobs' defence is simple but brilliant

"Bob Marley wrote I Shot The Sheriff but I have not heard of him being put on trial for murder."

Comment

Working...
                X